• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2018 Transfer Thread

Makes zero sense extending his contract but I really hope he has a great season and gets himself a deal at Ipswich or elsewhere

Last chance for him really. We know he is talented but he's played basically no football now for two and a half years. Obviously he's finished here regardless but for the sake of his career he needs this to work.

Similar kind of team to the one he first broke into at Wolves. He'll be the star there if he can prove himself.

Similar kind of team to the one he first broke into at Wolves. He'll be the star there if he can prove himself.

The worry would be that Hurst has made an awful start. If that continues and he gets the sack, we could end up with another situation where he's out on loan somewhere and the manager doesn't want him.

He's 24 before the season ends, if this goes badly then I can't see him getting another chance at this level, he'd have to drop down, possibly even to L2.

Under contract here until 2020 of course so I hope he does brilliantly and we have an asset we can sell next year.

Pleased for Graham in the right system he is a good championship player. Really thought we had a find when he first came in and he performed despite having a dreadful team around him.

Hopefully he stays injury free and makes a decent career of it, best of luck to him.

The worry would be that Hurst has made an awful start. If that continues and he gets the sack, we could end up with another situation where he's out on loan somewhere and the manager doesn't want him.

He's 24 before the season ends, if this goes badly then I can't see him getting another chance at this level, he'd have to drop down, possibly even to L2.

Under contract here until 2020 of course so I hope he does brilliantly and we have an asset we can sell next year.
Hurst was always going to be a bad appointment. Annoying really because that means all the 'shouldn't have sacked Mick' crowd will be out in force pretty soon. Ipswich can't compete at that level financially, they'll be League 1 in a season or 3 and it'll be a fairly lengthy stay unless Evans sells up.

Hurst was always going to be a bad appointment. Annoying really because that means all the 'shouldn't have sacked Mick' crowd will be out in force pretty soon. Ipswich can't compete at that level financially, they'll be League 1 in a season or 3 and it'll be a fairly lengthy stay unless Evans sells up.

Mick would have done better than Hurst, but wasn't going anywhere success wise with their financial setup - not that that is a reason for him to have stayed any longer, he had run his race there

Watching Mbro last night was painful. But DB will be right at home with the tactics. "Block it. Boot it long. Go up for the dead balls. Repeat for 90 minutes."

Pulis and Boro would be a good fit for Danny imo, wherever he ends up, good luck to him....I so wanted Nuno to be able to turn him into a top class CB but it was never gunna happen, so best for him to move on

Pulis and Boro would be a good fit for Danny imo, wherever he ends up, good luck to him....I so wanted Nuno to be able to turn him into a top class CB but it was never gunna happen, so best for him to move on

We should ask Danny to keep his eye on young Dael Fry to see if he's worth a January bid from Wolves to bring him into our under 23 structure, looks a bright talent.

Back