• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Portuguese press were pretty insistent during January that we had already agreed to sign Rodrigo Gomes this summer.

Sell Neto, Channy, RAN etc and replace them with freebies like Doherty. A bit like it was going last year before the Nunes sale
There is no reason for that at all this coming season though, given the FFP/PSR situation.

Unless Fosun decide they're going full Bhatti Brothers.

Last edited:
There is no reason for that at all this season though, given the FFP/PSR situation.

Unless Fosun decide they're going full Bhatti Brothers.
I know there isn't any need.

I am just sticking to the Fosun want us to be self sufficient, so selling 1 to buy 3 or 4.
Not expecting them to do random £100m sprees based on Jeff being Jeff.

Might even sell Doherty and buy some paint (straight swap with B&Q maybe)

It's the reality, isn't it? IMO any club at our relative level who says they have a priceless player is posturing. Everyone on the squad has a number, I'd expect.

Appreciate the eagerness has a sour taste.

It saddens me not so much that we sell our better players, more that we put a for sale sign on them
Brentford know Toney is off in the Summer and their manager effectively gave the thumbs up for clubs to start bidding for him last week.

Brentford know Toney is off in the Summer and their manager effectively gave the thumbs up for clubs to start bidding for him last week.
West Ham did the same with Rice last year.

Though in crazy turn of events they have already taken steps to replace him

Last edited:
I know they're heavily into their data and stuff so who am I to argue about a bloke I've never watched, but £30m for someone who has two good seasons in Bulgaria and Belgium on his CV is off the scale mental.

Though in crazy turn of events they have already took steps to replace him

Everyone wants perfection....

(although wasn't it reported we had a deal for a winger from Portugal all but done? Not that equals done deal or anything)

Plus they're nowhere near safe (annoyingly we did them a favour last week and helped them on their way). Committing to that when there's a realistic (if smallish) chance you'll be a Championship club when the bill lands...

The numbers spaff themselves over the bloke:

1708094647679.png

Of course, the important bit there is Men's Next 14, IE, not comparing him against anyone in the Big 5.

I mean we will sell him and we will sign people. It’s just not going to be anywhere near the level he and we will want.

We could afford to lose Neves as replacements were already in house, selling Nunes and signing squad filler was fine as he wasn’t any material loss to us. Neither of those apply to Neto.

Neto`s a game changer, we won`t replace him with another game changer which will put us in a very vulnerable position.

Do we think Gary is still at the believe them stage, or has he moved onto the better say what they want me to one?

Think that covers the club stance of don't want to sell him, so we won't be whacking a for sale sticker on him (ala Toney) but if someone wants him they will have to pay a decent whack.

We all know Jorge will be whoring him around any club with a few £££ to spend. The club know he will go as well but probably feel a bit more confident in holding talks that benefit us now Hobbs is at the wheel rather than Jeff being directed by Jorge.

Back