• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Darts Thread

He beat the shit out of me in a leg once. Twas brutal!

Vis - there is no reason why the ladies can't play equally. The oche is the same length of throw.

Yeah. I struggle to see any disadvantage for women. Was just wondering if there was anything I'd missed.

Don't men have slightly better hand/eye coordination?

Don't men have slightly better hand/eye coordination?

No. women in the main are far more dexterous than men.

Women are slightly disadvantaged for darts as they have better peripheral vision, so their strength is actually a weakness. It's to do with the way the brain is wired for men to hunt with binocular vision and women to see threats from a wider angle.

It means for women to focus they have to learn how to hunt and that is a brain training thing rather than anything physical.

This says we're both right.

"Men are better in spatial coordination and have a better sense of direction (usually!). They excel in math and are great at interpreting three-dimensional objects. They have a better hand-eye coordination and more precise control of large muscle movement. They have poor peripheral vision but better sight in bright light and a better sense of perspective."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1KyFrCzltfWC4ur8c7v6Ro&cshid=1577059089998

This says we're both right.

"Men are better in spatial coordination and have a better sense of direction (usually!). They excel in math and are great at interpreting three-dimensional objects. They have a better hand-eye coordination and more precise control of large muscle movement. They have poor peripheral vision but better sight in bright light and a better sense of perspective."

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...Vaw1KyFrCzltfWC4ur8c7v6Ro&cshid=1577059089998

The more I read about the brain the less I thought I knew. It really does make you feel a bit dim. Alanis Morrisette probably wouldn't see the irony in that,

It's an incredible organ (fnarr).

Steve Beaton into the last 16 in his 29th consecutive world championships (bdo & PDC)

No. women in the main are far more dexterous than men.

Women are slightly disadvantaged for darts as they have better peripheral vision, so their strength is actually a weakness. It's to do with the way the brain is wired for men to hunt with binocular vision and women to see threats from a wider angle.

It means for women to focus they have to learn how to hunt and that is a brain training thing rather than anything physical.

As I'm crap at all those things, does that mean I'm hermaphrodite?

De Zwaan was on fire. Only some outrageous Chisnall checkouts which stopped it being a mauling

Searle not doing too badly here. Feel his doubling will cost him in the end

Edit - Anderson let him off the hook and now 3-1. Long way back from here the way both players are playing.

Searles scoring fell off a cliff and hands anderson the Match after doing all the hard work

Chris Dobey ends the Sherrock run. Absolutely battered her with his scoring but she was lethal on the finishing for the first four sets which kept her in. Just seemed to run out of steam in the end and Dobey kept piling in the big scores.

Horrible feeling Price going to win this. He can’t carry on playing this bad and he’s somehow 2-2 averaging mid 80s

Not surprisingly Price back to his worst after throwing like a bit of a Muppet. Wright's generally not much better in the niggly on stage antics either though.

BDO reducing the prize money for their World Championship as they have sold just 15% of the tickets.

Uh-oh. BDO is about to go down the shitter I think.

Not even a recognised tournament any more. The lakeside was the home of darts for so many years moving from there might be the final nail in a dwindling coffin

Back