• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Darts Thread

Sky still using the photo backdrops from the Posada in Wolves in their VT to highlight Luke Humphries. Hope they're getting some cash out of it still.

I'm assuming there are a fair few Germans in given the grief Humphries is getting when throwing at doubles?

Take out the shit first set from Pietrezcko and his average is right up there. Needs a massive drop off to lose this one

Humphries not handling the pressure at all well so far. The fact he's got a fair few of the crowd against him not something he's been used to lately either.

On the stage definitely but in the Media I’ve seen him do (podcasts/ interviews) he comes across as a really nice bloke.
Was speaking to somebody recently who is involved with bringing players over here for exhibitions etc & looks after them for the few days they are over & he said similar, plays the panto villian (actually looked after players from jocky wilson's time till now, vast majority are sound by far the biggest prick is Barney).

With regards to Price why he still feels the need to act the prick on stage & is it at this stage of his career actually detrimental to his performance is another (well 2) question.

Dolan is a nice bloke. He was very sympathetic when I drew to play Kim Huybrechts instead of him. Something along the line of “sorry he plays against amateurs as if you were pros”. He was right. Kim destroyed me

Berry van Peer has come on a fair bit since he had dartitis at the Grand Slam a fair few years back.

8 years ago today I was at Ally Pally for the evening session and saw an absolute classic between Barney and MVG. Need to go back

Never done Ally Pally. Went to Circus Tavern a few times back in the day.

I was so pleased when Alan Warriner won and jumped down the table putting me squarely on TV when I had pulled a sickie.

Heta gets over the line, don't think he has the consistency to go any further though.

Don't think I'd enjoy going to the Worlds, the constant witless Kolo/Yaya and "boring boring tables" crap is bad enough on TV.

Heta gets over the line, don't think he has the consistency to go any further though.

Don't think I'd enjoy going to the Worlds, the constant witless Kolo/Yaya and "boring boring tables" crap is bad enough on TV.
It must be different in the actual place but the atmosphere comes across as shit to me. Probably just didn't translate very well on the tv

Back