• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Darts Thread

The more I look at that finishing strategy article, the more I like it. I think I will use it to work out the finishing sheet from as many of the outs I can. Along with the doubles practice regime, I think it will help me improve a lot, as my scoring is already pretty decent.

Don't you get improving, you git. You beat me all the time as it is.

I reckon a darts night should happen. I have arrows I havent used in yonks, Kenny also hits the wall as well...Anybody else ????

The end is nigh for this tournament. The standard I watched last night was appalling and that was from a guy who reached last years final. It shows how much notice I took of last years tournament bacause I had never heard of him.

We could have some darts involved as part of my stag, quirk. I can guarantee I will be shit then.

We could have some darts involved as part of my stag, quirk. I can guarantee I will be shit then.

Speaking of which.

Send me over a list of names and emails so I can start to put this disaster together x

Speaking of which.

Send me over a list of names and emails so I can start to put this disaster together x

The King of the stag do doer........ LETS PLAY DARTS PADDY..

Regarding the end is nigh, the movement of Martin Adams to the bdo board would certainly make me agree. The previous martinet that ran the bdo, whose name escapes me just now (olly croft rings a bell but is probably wrong) ran the bdo as his personal empire and that kept it going. The BBC exclusivity of this farce of a world championship helped. Now ESPN have coverage that is another nail. With alternative coverage, darts fans will watch on ESPN rather than the snippets the beeb can be arsed with. Eventually auntie will walk away and that will be curtains.

Auntie have already walked away from Championship football this season, hell the darts on BBC is on the edge of the cliff waiting to be pushed.

I'm getting a board put up in the garage for those long summer nights.

Regarding the end is nigh, the movement of Martin Adams to the bdo board would certainly make me agree. The previous martinet that ran the bdo, whose name escapes me just now (olly croft rings a bell but is probably wrong) ran the bdo as his personal empire and that kept it going. The BBC exclusivity of this farce of a world championship helped. Now ESPN have coverage that is another nail. With alternative coverage, darts fans will watch on ESPN rather than the snippets the beeb can be arsed with. Eventually auntie will walk away and that will be curtains.

Yup Olly Croft was the reason the BDO were stuck in the dark ages, they got shut of him in August last year. The ESPN deal had come in since then I believe.

They're still hardly expert businessmen, they managed to negotiate a deal whereby this evening's first game isn't even televised on any channel. Muppets.

:icon_rolleyes:The fact they're starting at 6:30 tells you all you need to know really, the darts was finished at 9:30 last night, the PDC is generally still going upto 11pm and past. I understand they try to keep it family orientated but the lack of any atmosphere (even in a decent match) coupled with the relative low standard means it's never going to rival the PDC as something the TV audience want to watch.

I'm out to play a friendly this evening:icon_rolleyes: as our season starts next week. The pub where I'm going doesn't even have ESPN so I guess the BDO are gonna lose a lot of exposure in the small poxy places where darts is generally played.

Last edited:
:icon_rolleyes:The fact they're starting at 6:30 tells you all you need to know really, the darts was finished at 9:30 last night, the PDC is generally still going upto 11pm and past. I understand they try to keep it family orientated but the lack of any atmosphere (even in a decent match) coupled with the relative low standard means it's never going to rival the PDC as something the TV audience want to watch..

Although the PDC has created a monster where the majority of punters go to get pissed up and dress as smurfs. For an actual darts fan attending I've started to feel it is a less of an enjoyable experience.

Yep, the same kind of thing how T20 cricket has attracted a certain type of casual "fan" (I use the word very loosely) who are ignorant of the actual action taking place.

I went to the BDO a few years ago. It was alright. I have been to the PDC worlds three times (although all at the Circus rather than at Ally Pally) and it was superb to attend.

Wayne Jones is a fine player and his couple of semi-finals have been fab to watch over the years, but only really top sixteen in the PDC (and only just that). I would expect him to be a minimum of semi-finalist every year at the Lakeside farce

I certainly think the crowd in the PDC can be far too rowdy at times, with players being deliberately put off which is out of order.Ted Hankey got dogs abuse at the Grandslam a few years back (some of it deserved) so you can see why the likes of him, Adams (coward for not playing in the Grandslam) and Waites stay in the BDO.

Possibly. But Hankey really brings it on himself and he knows that. BTW - this O'Shea game has started like a bag of fucking nails.

Back