• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

I needed to come here for a sanity check, I was in a discord channel with Verstappen fanboys insisting that Hamilton was in the wrong for every incident and the FIA are colluding to make sure Lewis wins the title.

They both get away with a fair amount of bullshit. The FIA does play favorites, but it's both of them.

What a shitshow of a race

They both get away with a fair amount of bullshit. The FIA does play favorites, but it's both of them.

What a shitshow of a race
Hamilton has never, deliberately, crashed into another driver... Max actively looks to do so when things are going against him.

You keep on saying that it was both of them yesterday (and the last 5 times) if it makes you feel better t3ch

I did not say either of those things.

You keep on saying I did though if it makes you feel better darlo.

I did not say either of those things.

You keep on saying I did though if it makes you feel better darlo.
You said that they are "both the same", they are not. Verstappen is reckless at best and bloody dangerous at his worst and, yes, does seem to get away with all of that stuff. A whole 5 second penalty during the race and then he causes Hamilton to crash into him (deliberately) and the only punishment he receives is 10 seconds next week?! WTF is that about?
He drives like he's on his xbox and turned "damage off", ignores breaking zones when ever someone overtakes and just uses them to get round the corner. He needs to be properly reprimanded or he will seriously hurt someone

You said that they are "both the same", they are not. Verstappen is reckless at best and bloody dangerous at his worst and, yes, does seem to get away with all of that stuff. A whole 5 second penalty during the race and then he causes Hamilton to crash into him (deliberately) and the only punishment he receives is 10 seconds next week?! WTF is that about?
He drives like he's on his xbox and turned "damage off", ignores breaking zones when ever someone overtakes and just uses them to get round the corner. He needs to be properly reprimanded or he will seriously hurt someone
With no halo he would probably have killed Lewis this season.

The red bull team piss me off too, particularly Horner "we don't know why Lewis crashed into you Max"

Fucking wankers, the whole team

Not sure why you're trying to pick a fight with me. I'm sorry if I said something that angered you in the matchday thread or if you thought the dinner I posted looked mediocre.

The Xbox is the best explanation! Just goes for gaps that aren’t there knowing the other guy will move or he takes them out and it doesn’t matter.

Monza he just ploughs into a gap that isn’t there then claims “he didn’t leave me space”.

Lewis is actually having to avoid him knowing he can’t afford the DNF. Like on the first restart. Max gets away poorly and has no way to maintain the lead, so just throws it down the outside, cuts the corner and then barrels into Lewis forcing him to fall behind Ocon. What’s his punishment? “Just start behind Lewis”. Joke. He had no intention of making the corner, re entered unsafely, caused a collision, illegally gained a position. He wouldn’t have done it if there was a wall or gravel. Should have been some sort of penalty.

The Xbox is the best explanation! Just goes for gaps that aren’t there knowing the other guy will move or he takes them out and it doesn’t matter.

Just yet another thing I have to disagree with. If I were to describe Max's driving it would be like he was on his playstation.

We're just never gonna see eye to eye on this weekends race.

he causes Hamilton to crash into him (deliberately) and the only punishment he receives is 10 seconds next week?! WTF is that about?
I hate to break it to you, but the 10s penalty was added to his race time. Which made zero difference to the result.

He has no penalties next week.

The only time that Lewis has been involved in incidents this season is when he’s refused to back out like Max forces everyone to do. At Silverstone he got away with it and Monza he didn’t. Verstappen has always done it though, it’s just higher profile now.

Agree about Horner btw, he might be the most detestable cunt I’ve ever come across in F1.

I hate to break it to you, but the 10s penalty was added to his race time. Which made zero difference to the result.

He has no penalties next week.
I suppose this and the 5 seconds at least sets a precedent that he won’t get away with shit next week but I wouldn’t put it past him just dumping them both out of the race if he feels like Lewis is faster.

I suppose this and the 5 seconds at least sets a precedent that he won’t get away with shit next week but I wouldn’t put it past him just dumping them both out of the race if he feels like Lewis is faster.
I’m intrigued to know what would happen if he did this and it was clearly his fault. Is a points deduction even remotely possible? Can’t have a grid drop in the last race and can’t have a time penalty in a DNF

I’m intrigued to know what would happen if he did this and it was clearly his fault. Is a points deduction even remotely possible? Can’t have a grid drop in the last race and can’t have a time penalty in a DNF
He'll get expunged ala Schumi in 97.

Reactions: jlo
They'll be trying everything in the book that doesn't automatically result in a disqualification. Which isn't much tbh.

I know you guys hate Horner but man most of the principals are thoroughly punchable.

You couldn't pay me enough to have Masi's job listening to them whine and tattle over comms all weekend.

Or get away with it ala Schumi in 94...
I don't think that one was quite so clear cut as 97, even if it was very much on the edge. I'm pretty sure the regulations were switched up after 94 to stop something similar happening again, hence him being excluded in 97.

I don't think that one was quite so clear cut as 97, even if it was very much on the edge. I'm pretty sure the regulations were switched up after 94 to stop something similar happening again, hence him being excluded in 97.
IIRC, there was no relevant on-board footage available in 1994, whereas in 1997 the turn of the steering wheel into JV was there for all to see.

Back