• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

God this is nonsense. I’ve stuck with F1 so long, but this race is really showing it up for a total political circus.

Fire Masi into the sun. An absolute shambles.

5 second penalty for the cheating cunt
And that's just for the first corner incident.

Brake test to be investigated after the race. Needs a penalty for that too. 5 grid place will do nicely IMO.

The sport is pathetic.

Two of the most talented drivers there have ever been, driving the fastest cars there have ever been but there's barely any legitimate racing between them. Just fuck the whole thing off until they've got cars that can follow each other properly and allow some real racing.

It's like watching football where the only goals would be set pieces and then you'd have to watch 20 minutes of VAR review after every single one.

What have I just watched. Justice done.

I agree with what your saying Mark but Lewis has followed Max pretty well there in a high speed circuit missing half his wing. Just shows the talent of the bloke.

The circuit was a bit of shambles but that was amplified by how the race was managed. The first red flag causes carnage from a fairly innocuous crash. Without that red flag it may have been a straightforward 1-2

Level on points and Max ahead on race wins only.

I want to know what price you can get for a double DNF in the last race, as Max will be gunning for that hard. He'll make Michael Schumacher on Damon Hill look like a friendly nudge.

Awful circuit, anyone that watched the F2 race just before can tell you that too.

I disagree with it of course but it’s hard to see what the FIA can do with Max that is proportionate and does not jeopardise the “EQUAL POINTS SHOWDOWN IN DUBAI” narrative that’ll be pushed.

I have a feeling Max knows he was massively in the wrong as he turned down a fastest lap point (RB were ready in pits with softs which he ignored around lap 47) and clearly eased off in the end.

Level on points and Max ahead on race wins only.

I want to know what price you can get for a double DNF in the last race, as Max will be gunning for that hard. He'll make Michael Schumacher on Damon Hill look like a friendly nudge.
If there is a retrospective point/place deduction for Max, he'll have to keep it cleaner

I disagree with it of course but it’s hard to see what the FIA can do with Max that is proportionate and does not jeopardise the “EQUAL POINTS SHOWDOWN IN DUBAI” narrative that’ll be pushed.

I have a feeling Max knows he was massively in the wrong as he turned down a fastest lap point (RB were ready in pits with softs which he ignored around lap 47) and clearly eased off in the end.

Couldn’t pit. Would have been stationary 5s and lost track position to Ocon.

Justice was probably done on the track. The giving up position collision is just bizarre. No idea what was going on and Hamilton didn’t know either. The give it up and then take it straight back is just taking the piss but he gave that back so that’s equal.

So all the punishments have probably been done

I feel like Max knew exactly what he was doing when slowing down in the middle of the track. Perfect opportunity to cause a crash and enough doubt due to the situation to get away with it

What have I just watched. Justice done.

I agree with what your saying Mark but Lewis has followed Max pretty well there in a high speed circuit missing half his wing. Just shows the talent of the bloke.

The circuit was a bit of shambles but that was amplified by how the race was managed. The first red flag causes carnage from a fairly innocuous crash. Without that red flag it may have been a straightforward 1-2

It's more the 20 odd laps before that which frustrate me, there's little entertainment value in watching two cars go around about a second apart so far ahead of anyone else that they may as well be on their own circuit. It's just deadlock because of the aero until either the tyres go off or some external event upsets the rhythm. It's not even like there's much tactical flexibility these days where you get a sort of 200mph game of chess, they just try and deke each other out a few laps either way on the pitstop to get an under/over cut.

It just leads to these stupid overly intense incidents where there's far too much at stake, almost every race boils down to a single overtake attempt so it's no wonder things have gone too far so often. Then you just get all this bollocks petty arguing because there's no scope to come back on track.

It's more the 20 odd laps before that which frustrate me, there's little entertainment value in watching two cars go around about a second apart so far ahead of anyone else that they may as well be on their own circuit. It's just deadlock because of the aero until either the tyres go off or some external event upsets the rhythm. It's not even like there's much tactical flexibility these days where you get a sort of 200mph game of chess, they just try and deke each other out a few laps either way on the pitstop to get an under/over cut.

It just leads to these stupid overly intense incidents where there's far too much at stake, almost every race boils down to a single overtake attempt so it's no wonder things have gone too far so often. Then you just get all this bollocks petty arguing because there's no scope to come back on track.

Agree with all that. Was thinking more today (and recently) how well Lewis has managed to follow and get the move done.

Can’t really do much about them being way better than everyone else though. Perez and Bottas have the same car and Perez has been useless all year.

But yeah, The driver knowing they need to get a move done ASAP before the tyres go etc. (Or something similar) does lead to these intense now or never moments

I needed to come here for a sanity check, I was in a discord channel with Verstappen fanboys insisting that Hamilton was in the wrong for every incident and the FIA are colluding to make sure Lewis wins the title.

Ive said it before but Max is the worst driver I’ve ever seen when being overtaken, he just simply doesn’t allow it and drives like he’s playing a video game. He’ll push people off track, go to way too deep or just simply drive towards people so that they either have to get out of the way or have a crash. Then he says he wasn’t given space, literally every time.
The braking I’m inclined to think he was letting Hamilton past who wasn’t aware of the situation but he wasn’t ever going to do it in an easy/sensible way.

10s penalty for Verstappen for the brake test which means fuck all. Waste of time. And Max still free to collide with Lewis to win the championship.

That judgement is pathetic. Evidence of deliberate brake testing and causing a collision.

Back