• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

It isn't nonsense. If they'd pitted him under the VSC Verstappen would have been forced to come in for new tyres eventually or just have Lewis breeze past him with zero effort.
Exactly. Obviously Max would've been pretty wide in that breeze past, but that'll probably would've lost him some championship points if he did anything against the rules

It isn't nonsense. If they'd pitted him under the VSC Verstappen would have been forced to come in for new tyres eventually

Based on what? Pirelli said it could do 50 laps. No reason Max doesn’t go to the end.

Based on what? Pirelli said it could do 50 laps. No reason Max doesn’t go to the end.
They aren't the same pace on lap 49 as lap 1 though are they. Ala see Norris slow puncture, Lewis was lucky to not have lost it the race that way

They aren't the same pace on lap 49 as lap 1 though are they. Ala see Norris slow puncture, Lewis was lucky to not have lost it the race that way

That’s a massive leap! The puncture could have been from anything!

Hamilton quite clearly proved their wasn’t much drop off…

It isn't nonsense. If they'd pitted him under the VSC Verstappen would have been forced to come in for new tyres eventually or just have Lewis breeze past him with zero effort.
Lewis tangling with max is what Mercedes were trying to avoid and what Red bull would actively want.

Even if Lewis had pitted and had 10 laps less on his tyres, Max would still have had that 1 lap on softs where he can make the most aggressive moves he likes on Hamilton. There is no strategy that can really defend that unless you can somehow get Lewis on softs with 8-10 laps to go.

So if Latifi doesn’t crash who wins the race?

Hamilton LITERALLY called his team out on multiple occasions asking why they left him on those tyres.

Lewis tangling with max is what Mercedes were trying to avoid and what Red bull would actively want.

Even if Lewis had pitted and had 10 laps less on his tyres, Max would still have had that 1 lap on softs where he can make the most aggressive moves he likes on Hamilton. There is no strategy that can really defend that unless you can somehow get Lewis on softs with 8-10 laps to go.
This is true, but if Max did anything against the rules, FIA would have come down hard on him, that was clear.

This is true, but if Max did anything against the rules, FIA would have come down hard on him, that was clear.
He doesn't have to do anything against the rules, he can send it on any corner he likes. He'd have more grip than Hamilton and Max won't care about crashing.

It is a slam dunk position. It could not be clearer. Masi has had his overlords in his ear.

Hamilton with ease.

Also if Hamilton was pitted under VSC and then beat Max on track without a crash, and Latifi still crashes, Max still had the option of being on softs to take it back on the last lap.

Mercedes couldn’t win in any way based on how it played out.

So
Hamilton with ease.

Also if Hamilton was pitted under VSC and then beat Max on track without a crash, and Latifi still crashes, Max still had the option of being on softs to take it back on the last lap.

Mercedes couldn’t win in any way based on how it played out.

That’s all I needed to know, how in any sport you can punish someone who is miles ahead for something not their fault is beyond me it’s a false result. Whole point of sporting competition is to work out who is the best that’s not happened today.

Hamilyon of course but him crashing and the safety car coming out and closing everything up (or complete restart), that's part and parcel of the sport, like someone pissing the Grand National and being taken out at the final fence by a loose horse, awful awful luck but part of the game.
Issue is how (if at all) the race should have been restarted.

.Screenshot_20211212-154038_Drive.jpg
Is it? They've lodged a petition under 48.8, but to me 48.8 a) backs the FIA position.

Would we rather have a race finish under the SC, or get racing again, irrespective of the order or who it is? Would those here protesting think the same if the roles were reversed?

So

That’s all I needed to know, how in any sport you can punish someone who is miles ahead for something not their fault is beyond me it’s a false result. Whole point of sporting competition is to work out who is the best that’s not happened today.
That's motorsport for you. It has benefitted and fucked over everyone on the grid over time. The problem is when the race director doesn't have a clue.

This is the kind of thing that puts me off getting into F1 tbh. It seems so political. Even moreso than other sports (which is saying something).

.View attachment 4697
Is it? They've lodged a petition under 48.8, but to me 48.8 a) backs the FIA position.

Would we rather have a race finish under the SC, or get racing again, irrespective of the order or who it is? Would those here protesting think the same if the roles were reversed?
48.12 is the clear breach.

That's motorsport for you. It has benefitted and fucked over everyone on the grid over time. The problem is when the race director doesn't have a clue.
That’s not a sport then just manufactured bullshit

Back