• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

FIA denying the protests and gifting the title to max.

I'm drifting further away from F1, it all seems so contrived now, 2 good drivers, so they seem to apportion penalties to keep the season active and add a bit of drama....I'll stick to my bike racing from now on.

Regardless of today I'm pleased that Hamilton is not just blitzing the championship. That was a big block of boring years, hopefully that's at an end now and we can see a challenge each year.

Regardless of today I'm pleased that Hamilton is not just blitzing the championship. That was a big block of boring years, hopefully that's at an end now and we can see a challenge each year.
This is why the FIA are doing what they are doing and why they will get away with it. Just because you don’t want one person to win it doesn’t mean you can change the rules at will…

And it’s done. F1 discriminating against it’s only non-white male winner is not a good look.

I don't think this rests here

F1 has lost a lot of credibility engineering that finish.

I was amazed at the cheers in the pub as Hamilton lost his lead, a pub in Kidderminster, not Amsterdam.

Not everyone who hates Hamilton is a racist.

But every racist will hate Hamilton.

Never understood the hatred. Don’t get what he’s ever done to piss people off.

Fair enough if you’re not British. I didn’t like Schumacher or Vettel because they won all the time, and Schumacher was a cheat. But I don’t dislike them now they aren’t winning whereas people genuinely dislike Hamilton, and if you’re British I don’t really understand why. People who don’t even like F1 dislike him too.

Having been to the British GP he is massively loved by pretty much everyone there - people who dislike him will counter about tax exiles, ignoring the fact they’re said fuck all about the white British F1 tax exiles.

It’s much like the similar ire MGW, Anthony Joshua and many others get - people don’t like an uppity black man.

FIA have farted about and made a mess of all this, but fucking hell to resort to calling them pretty much racists is an absolute belmer of a response.
Maybe you struggled with the English, but at no point did I say it was racist. Want me to rewrite in less syllables for you? Suppose bellmer is two tho.

Never understood the hatred. Don’t get what he’s ever done to piss people off.

Fair enough if you’re not British. I didn’t like Schumacher or Vettel because they won all the time, and Schumacher was a cheat. But I don’t dislike them now they aren’t winning whereas people genuinely dislike Hamilton, and if you’re British I don’t really understand why. People who don’t even like F1 dislike him too.

Why should I like him as a Briton?

Back