• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Drive to Survive is such a dramatised nonsense though isn’t it? A whole episode dedicated to Mazepin’s struggles and his redemption was him unlapping himself to finish 18th and last at Sochi 😂

Final episode watched and it still leaves a very sour taste in the mouth.

Incredible luck to have Latifi bring out a safety car when he was almost home and dry. And then for Masi to ignore the regulations and make it up as he wanted... Well his sacking is fully deserved.

He manipulated one rule (“any cars that have been lapped by the leader will be required to pass the cars on the lead lap and the safety car”) and fully ignored a second (“Once the last lapped car has passed the leader the safety car will return to the pits at the end of the following lap.”).

Basically his initial ruling that the lapped cars stay where they were and Max would be given a chance to race past them was the only option within the regulations to give him a chance. It was either that or finish the race under the safety car. What happened was a royal fuck up.

That World Championship for Verstappen will always be tainted by an asterisk in my eyes.

Drive to Survive is such a dramatised nonsense though isn’t it? A whole episode dedicated to Mazepin’s struggles and his redemption was him unlapping himself to finish 18th and last at Sochi 😂
Yeah they do invent stuff based on clever editing.

Horner and Geri are the most cringe bits, staged totally for the cameras. But otherwise I thought the series was tonnes better than the year before, even with the odd direction with giving Mazapin more air time than Perez.

Alpine have a problem. The upgraded side pod on Ocon’s car just blew itself apart on the straight. That shouldn’t happen.

Seriously ominous signs for McLaren. Can’t believe how low they are in the first practice (below even Hulkenberg who has no experience of the new reg cars!). Could be a tricky season ahead of them.

(appreciate its FP1 but for them to be that low at this stage and given testing struggles suggests their pre-summer season could be poor)

I think McLaren will do well. Everyone is sandbagging until Quali.

The Mercs are a long way off the pace. Too much to be sandbagging. Ferrari and Red Bull look a long distance ahead.

Everyone is sandbagging until Quali.
Presume the Merc has he whole desert's worth of sand in then. Looks a right dog of a car at moment. A lot of work to get them even challenging the top cars this year.

Had to happen sometime, I just hope Ferrari can put Red Bull back in their box

Watching a bit of the replay of the F3 practice stuff as I quite like to look at young drivers and see if there are any exciting new lights to keep an eye on. About 17 seconds a lap slower round Sakir than a F1 car but still a good watch. Cars look quite decent too.

Not seen any F2 yet so hopefully going to catch a bit of that in the morning.

F2 and F3 is fantastic. Daft by Bearman there to throw that race away on track limit violations after being repeatedly warned and miles ahead.

Oh hang on. We suddenly have a non-porpoising Merc. Hamilton 0.08 sec behind Max. Either a cure has been found or that was the ultimate sand bag job.

Really interesting session. Max is still a bit ahead but the top six are close. KMag in an excellent 7th.

Really looking forward to quali now.

Reactions: jlo
She is a very talented driver so I am not surprised by her knowledge levels, but she also seems a natural in front of the camera, and gets that knowledge over really well.

Back