• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Aaahhahahahahahahahahahah.

What an absolute crying shame!!

christian-horner-m.jpg

Nice to see the field shaken up a bit by the regs changes I guess.

Seemed to be a bit more flexibility strategy wise too and not quite the all or nothing undercut pit strategy, that down to the new tyres?

Hopefully the new aero stuff has still got more to give though as teams continue to develop. Still seemed to be precious little wheel to wheel racing outside of the couple of laps where Leclerc and Verstappen tussled through the first sector, and even then it was all falsified DRS overtaking still.

I think because there is a clear gulf between the teams (and drivers within them) at the moment that it limits the potential for racing. I think everyone is expecting (hoping) that closes throughout the season

Speaking of pit strategy, gonna be really curious to see what the under/over strats start looking like with the lower heat blankets. Max obviously had his tantrum about having to do a slow warmup after his 2nd stop, someone else had to pit sooner due to pushing tires too hard before coming up to temp (was that max again?). Cars generally looking pretty unhappy the first lap or two after a pit.

The commentators (forget who) also mentioned that F1 was wanting to move to an ambient-temp tire-replacement at some point, so will only worsen that side of things. Don’t remember hearing that previously, but I also have the memory of a goldfish so.

Last edited:
Very different rear wing for the Merc for this weekend. Obviously you want to run a smaller wing at the Jeddah circuit but the whole design is radically different.

Already two big hits in the F2 practice. Not a fan of this track at all.

Mercs a bit better but still off the pace. I'm not sure this race meet should continue. That is a massive fire from the attack on the Aramco depot.

Fair fucking play to all the drivers here. Absolutely absurd that they're expected to carry on as normal in the circumstances.

What a mess, more than half the race under the safety car, assuming there isn't another one still to come. I've switched off, feel for Hauger personally too

Judging by FP3 the Mercedes engine is an absolute dog.
All the Merc runners at the bottom of the time sheets and it said during FP3 that they're losing 1.4s just on the straights. Nightmare.

What happened to all the engine development and upgrade tokens that they used to use. Are they still in the regs?

Back