• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

He just doesn’t want to be there.

Another season of total numbing shite to look forward too as Max wins everything again.

So many have stopped watching.

Didn’t even know there was a race this weekend.

Didn’t even know there was a race this weekend.
There isn't a race a such.

Just some sort of parade before they give Max a trophy and Christian Horner gets to upgrade his smugness levels.

There isn't a race a such.

Just some sort of parade before they give Max a trophy and Christian Horner gets to upgrade his smugness levels.
Precisely. Used to love F1 but I get more enjoyment from FIA WEC and IMSA racing these days.

Lewis Merc breaks too.

Should be a decent race from here though. McLaren v Ferrari is close.

Didn't watch the race and can't watch recordings of things where I know the result, so...

Did Perez have issues? If not that is appalling to finish a mile off the front in a car that is streets ahead of the rest.

The only time he appeared quick was when he came out of the pits just in front of Hamilton before the Merc gave up the ghost. Otherwise he was absolutely miles off.

Repair bill for George’s Merc might be a bit hefty.

Didn't watch the race and can't watch recordings of things where I know the result, so...

Did Perez have issues? If not that is appalling to finish a mile off the front in a car that is streets ahead of the rest.
Nope. He’s just rubbish (no one can tell me otherwise).

Nope. He’s just rubbish (no one can tell me otherwise).
Obviously a good driver...even the rubbish ones are good..but just not top tier.
If Max isn't winning he should be in that car. Certainly not miles down the road, results like today probably ensure he us out of the seat next year.
If he then gets another seat down the grid he will go back to looking good.

Sainz is going to be a man in demand soon. Wouldn't be surprised to see Red Bull try and bring him back.

Sainz might go to Merc, although I think they want Fernando for one season while wunderkid grows up in F2

I think some drivers just aren't suited to being an obvious #2 for one of the top teams. Bottas and Massa are two off the top of my head that steadily declined badly in that role.

Whereas others have the right mindset for it and do a top job, Barrichello, Irvine, Webber, Coulthard etc.

Bottas was a fine number 2. Accepted he wasn't go to win a championship but backed Lewis up.

Lewis has him down as his fave teammate. Probably because he offered zero risk to his chances

Bottas was a perfect wing man. Never really going to compete for wins that Lewis needed but consistently banged in second places to restrict the points for other teams

Bottas has released his inner oddball since leaving Mercedes and I’m all for it. He was perfect for them while he was there though, the car was good enough that they didn’t need him to be super fast to win the constructors

I'd be surprised if Red Bull didn't fancy Sainz to replace Perez. They need someone to get closer and get regular 1-2s and to win if Max has any issues. Perez isn't that guy any more.

Bottas was a fine number 2. Accepted he wasn't go to win a championship but backed Lewis up.

Lewis has him down as his fave teammate. Probably because he offered zero risk to his chances
Managed to conflate Bottas at Merc with Kovalainen at McLaren (both partnering Lewis, both Finnish [he's no Finnish, he's 28]). Now he was shite.

Bottas' record stands up tbf, I'll still say Massa got worse and worse year by year.

Alonso was penalised 20s race time for the incident that caused Russell to crash.

Definitely sounded like a lift from Alonso going into the apex, which closed George right up. Certainly compared to the on boards from the lap before it was obvious there was a deceleration that didn't happen previously.

Totally forgot Sainz was under the knife 2 weeks ago.

I would still be in bed demanding people do stuff for me

1000015594.jpg

Back