• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Toto has signed up for another three years, so would assume Lewis will be confirmed again pretty shortly.

Right decision for red bull I think, they need to maximise their points if they have any chance of catching Mercedes and Perez is capable of taking points off Lewis and Bottas. I guess this will show for sure if the car is good or Max just superhuman!

Australian GP set to be postponed and the season will start in Bahrain on the 28th March.

Rumblings that Mercedes/Daimler aren't happy with Hamilton's contract demands, and Toto has been told to negotiate with some definite restrictions on it.

Missing that race with Covid, and Russell's performance, has really weakened Hamilton's hand.

The rumours are he opened with a request for a £50m per year deal and for 4 years. Merc don't want more than 3 though.

Rumblings that Mercedes/Daimler aren't happy with Hamilton's contract demands, and Toto has been told to negotiate with some definite restrictions on it.

Missing that race with Covid, and Russell's performance, has really weakened Hamilton's hand.
He’s seven time world champion and the best driver by a fucking mile. That’s still plenty of aces. Russell will be in Bottas seat in twelve months, not Hamilton’s.

Oh yeah Pad he's always still going to sign. But that week off has definitely weakened his bargaining position.

So the F1 Calendar as had a few changes.

Australia will now happen in November
2nd race of the season will be at Imola and its looks like the 3rd will be Portimao (not confirmed yet though). No race for China, although it is still classed as only postponed so could reappear but I think it will need a race to be cancelled for it to happen this year.

If they go back to Portimao they need to shorten the DRS zone on the main straight. It was too powerful last year and overtaking became farcically easy.

Incredible that's his injuries from the crash. Walks out of a fireball with a bit of skin burnt

Hamilton signed up for the year.

So both drivers at Merc will see their contract end this year. New regs in 2022 coming in and I wouldn't be surprised if Lewis wins title number 8, he walks away

Etsz-shXIAAZ-vM

Looks like a Sprint Race could introduced from 2022 (may even trial it at 3 or 4 races next season)

Sessions would then look like this

Friday AM - FP1
Friday PM - Sprint Race Quali
Saturday - Sprint Race (approx 1/3 distance of the actual race). Final result = Points for Drivers and sets the Grid for the Sunday Race

Alonso hit by a car whilst out on his bike with numerous fractures. Fuck sake.

Damn. At least sounds like he’ll recover ok, I imagine Hulk has had a phone call by now

Looks like a Sprint Race could introduced from 2022 (may even trial it at 3 or 4 races next season)

Sessions would then look like this

Friday AM - FP1
Friday PM - Sprint Race Quali
Saturday - Sprint Race (approx 1/3 distance of the actual race). Final result = Points for Drivers and sets the Grid for the Sunday Race
Why do they always feel the need to mess around with this sort of nonsense.

On the upside, if we can ever go to races again, it would make for a good Saturday.

Back