• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The F1 Thread

Why do they always feel the need to mess around with this sort of nonsense.

On the upside, if we can ever go to races again, it would make for a good Saturday.
It works well in F2 but I reckon in F1 they'll be overly cautious and super safe but willing to give it a go if they can get it right

Just noticed Silverstone are selling tickets for the race in May...

Alonso hit by a car whilst out on his bike with numerous fractures. Fuck sake.
Just the jaw by the sounds of it and had an op last night. Expected to be fit to start the season in Bahrain

EvdzzGZWYAUnG8l

It does look nice, but obviously photoshopped and perfectly lit. Looking forward to testing this year. Ferrari have said they're fairly confident they've solved their straight line issues by reducing drag and improving their PU.

Red Bull have been quiet on their chances too. Hopefully this translates to a decent three way fight this year before the regulations all change again.

A pretty thing there. I also like the new Merc. Roll on testing. Miss my F1 fix.

It sounds like Silverstone has been picked as one of the circuits to have the sprint race experiment. Certainly makes a weekend pass sound tempting with quali on the Friday.

Looks like Mercedes struggling with rear grip a bit, admitted to by Hamilton.

Red Bull with good pace on the hardest compound today.

McLaren seem to have stolen a march on everyone with the new rear diffuser rules too. They look pretty strong.

Merc seem to sorted it out this afternoon.

Normally they do a press day which allows them to get 100km+ of track time before testing so they generally go in to that with issues ironed out. Due to how testing is being done they are doing the press day after it.
Would be nice if the field was closer but this time last year a couple of teams looked good turned out to be shit.

Definitely seems like Mercedes have some actual issues this time rather than sandbagging. Would be amazing if Red Bull and Mclaren are fighting for wins at the start of the season.

Well this new Saudi track looks utter shite for any actual racing or overtaking.

Drive To Survive out today.

Just watching Ep1 now.

Strange that they've only done 3 days of testing at Bahrain, when the first race is there as well. Surely they're all still there, so why not another 2 or 3 days this weekend?

Couple of reasons I believe. As the new regs were due to come in this year but then shelved the teams know the cars, bar a couple of minor changes so 6 days not warranted. Then cost saving during a pandemic. Teams seemed happy to agree (initially they would have done the testing then gone to Australia as well so when that was cancelled the teams rearranged media days which is also essentially free testing).

Some drivers not happy and they are mainly the ones who have moved teams.

I still don't like a season that doesn't start in Australia.

Reactions: jlo
At least it should go ahead.
I did like last season and the random tracks used though.

Does seem bonkers that they've all gone home from Bahrain to then head back in a few weeks, especially with the sports push to become carbon neutral.

Obviously the teams will want to get back to their factories and try to tweak any things that were exposed in testing, would've made more sense to do testing closer to home.

Back