• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Everton: Verdict Thread

I'm alone in thinking Sarabia did ok.

He should've taken his chance but at least he was there to take it.

His link up play was decent but he suffered from the static sink hole that is Traore and inexplicably daft passes in his own half

If he stays I think he'll become important to us, technically he's superb he just needs to get up to speed.

His link up play was decent but he suffered from the static sink hole that is Traore and inexplicably daft passes in his own half

If he stays I think he'll become important to us, technically he's superb he just needs to get up to speed.
Oh, without doubt there is a player in there. I think he'll play a big part next season now that he has had some time to adjust and get settled with his family over here etc. I was just annoyed he literally ducked out of the header - but when it comes to players I want gone, he's way down the list. I don't see anyone making a bid for him that would even have us remotely tempted to sell anyway. He's one of those low maintenance, well liked players that I believe we are now actively trying to recruit.

I think at the moment he flits around the edge of games quite a bit, we haven't quite worked out where to play him and while he often finds good spaces to move into, we then in turn don't find him.

But he's got something about him, I've seen him compared to Podence which is just silly.

We'll only see the best of him if we try and value keeping the ball and try and progress as a unit. If we're expecting him to beat 4 men on the break ala Adama/Neto (at his best, anyway) it is pointless.

He finds pockets of space that pull players out of position and can move it quickly and simply, but Podence/Adama/Hwang were incapable of any form of link-up with him.

Last edited:
Second half on Saturday Sarabia made an excellent run and Neves (I think) made the pass which would've seen him through but Hwang unaware of the run intercepted it and completely ruined the opportunity.

Trying to get the best out of Sarabia playing alongside players with the technical and tactical deficiencies Traore and Hwang have would be like asking Ruben Dias to sort out the Leeds back line.

Second half on Saturday Sarabia made an excellent run and Neves (I think) made the pass which would've seen him through but Hwang unaware of the run intercepted it and completely ruined the opportunity.
Hwang was in the line of the pass so just thought it was for him. A bit of Dave Edwards about him at times as he has little awareness of what is going on around him and can only see what is directly in front of him.

(also seems to be good at late runs into the area)

Trying to get the best out of Sarabia playing alongside players with the technical and tactical deficiencies Traore and Hwang have would be like asking Ruben Dias to sort out the Leeds back line.
So are you saying Sarabia doesn't look good because the players around him aren't as good.....?

Back