• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

I do think sometimes we can all go “huh?” at some of O’Neil’s tactics - West Ham, Sheffield United, Brighton - but I do agree with this in that we are a fairly well drilled attacking outfit now. So many times over the past three seasons I’ve gotten increasingly frustrated with our tendency to overplay and walk it in. Now there are fairly clear attacking patterns.

Also, how good are we at defending corners on the whole? Have we conceded from one yet?

I do think sometimes we can all go “huh?” at some of O’Neil’s tactics - West Ham, Sheffield United, Brighton - but I do agree with this in that we are a fairly well drilled attacking outfit now. So many times over the past three seasons I’ve gotten increasingly frustrated with our tendency to overplay and walk it in. Now there are fairly clear attacking patterns.

Also, how good are we at defending corners on the whole? Have we conceded from one yet?
Yes against West Ham, we took it though

Watched the highlights a few (!) times now was quite impressed by Hwangs foresight our second , as soon as Collins starts to turn he's off out the traps :)
Agreed. Also noticed Cunha was the same for the 4th, he knew Collins was passing it there before Collins did!

I don't see any attacking patterns. It's one of the things that concerns me the most.

Having said that we changed something yesterday in the first half which was we were always looking to get the ball forwards, either running with it or trying to find a forward pass. This is a dramatic change from the 4 games before Chelsea.

I hope he continues with this and I do see goals which is a good thing.

Is scoring 12 seconds after the opponent’s ko a PL record?

This is more or less the frame Hwang started sprinting towards goal just as Collins takes a touch which means the only way he can go is back to the goal.

5 wolves players involved in the press reducing the options Collins has.

It was a poor pass by Collins, but if Hwang doesn't anticipate as well as he does I don't think he'd have got there. Hwang deserves more credit than he's getting imvho.

Screenshot_20231228-101211.jpg

This is more or less the frame Hwang started sprinting towards goal just as Collins takes a touch which means the only way he can go is back to the goal.

5 wolves players involved in the press reducing the options Collins has.

It was a poor pass by Collins, but if Hwang doesn't anticipate as well as he does I don't think he'd have got there. Hwang deserves more credit than he's getting imvho.

View attachment 9147
When in doubt double down.

We were stood with some Koreans and teaching them "Gary O'Neil's Barmy army" was fun, that experience will come in handy for when I next see Johnny 🙃
I think Hwang had brought up about 70% of the players tickets. There were plenty of his family and friends present.

I think Hwang had brought up about 70% of the players tickets. There were plenty of his family and friends present.
We were stood with them, I didn't ask but I thought one was his mum - she looked familiar after I met her at Norwich away a few years ago (however I was a little worse for wear at Norwich and so my memory of her was a little hazy 🤣).

Only down side was the idiot behind me who made a xenophobic joke - hopefully my stonefaced response of absolute silence for an inordinately long time followed by "that's a shit joke" made him feel tiny and ashamed.

Bloke within earshot of me in my BWU days (but I couldn't pinpoint exactly where) regularly shouted 'what do you chink you're doing' if Seol lost the ball.

Hilarious I'm sure you can agree.

This shows the popularity of Hwang. 281k views of a video just focusing on Hwang vs Brentford. This guy can probably earn a living off YouTube just filming him and Son each week.

Back