• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Brentford 1-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Terrific result to stop the away rot.

Architected by a really good first half performance where we looked like we could score at will with some good passing and movement. GON got his high pressing tactics spot on and forced them into mistakes. I think Collins got Wolves in the Secret Santa 😂

We were always going to tire in the second half compared to them, so it was nice we'd pretty much gotten the job done by then and could make subs. Hopefully Dawson will be back for Everton and Hwang is fine.

RAN is my MOTM just ahead of Hwang. A constant danger with his quick feet.

Last edited:
Delighted! Clinical when the opportunities arrived and despite a few nervy moments Brentford never really looked liked turning it around.

Can think of numerous times we've played like Brentford and huffed and puffed without massively creating much and the opposition have buried every single opportunity. Nice for us to do it to someone else for a change.

Gomes and RAN for me tonight. But especially RAN, makes such a difference to how we play. The front 4 first half were magnificent. Such quick feet, thought and passes.

Yep, I've not been RAN's biggest fan in his time here, but if he keeps playing like that I'll have very little to hold against him.

Santi looked dodge in the first half but turned it around in the 2nd. A key player in holding back the obvious Brentford charge that was coming.
After getting through that 5-10 mins we managed the half very well.

Absolutely deadly in front of goal this week. Long may that continue.

Fair fooks to Hwang as well. His finishing is quality and double figures already.

Strange game. Got gifted a good lead and battled well when they had a bit of a go and ultimately ran out comfortable winners. No exceptional performances but everyone battled well. Thought Gones and RAN were the pick of our players and Hwang took his second goal superbly.

Santi looked dodge in the first half but turned it around in the 2nd. A key player in holding back the obvious Brentford charge that was coming.
After getting through that 5-10 mins we managed the half very well.

Absolutely deadly in front of goal this week. Long may that continue.

Fair fooks to Hwang as well. His finishing is quality and double figures already.

Thought Bueno looked alright in possession to start off with but he did struggle a bit defensively when Brentford applied more pressure and the intensity went up. Did a reasonable job defending the box second half.

Could be an option in some games instead of Dawson if they anticipate having more of the player rather than going for the disruption of ditching the back three all together.

Back