• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 2-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Fabulous result. First win at Stamford Bridge since 1979 and we did it in style.

Got the right team and set up this week and pressing them high was the perfect way to play. Our front three continue to look dangerous at all times and Cunha is becoming a revelation in how much goes through him. If we had a better bench to match the first team then we'd be a real force in the top 10 IMO.

GON continues to deserve real credit for making us great to watch and getting us scoring goals on regular basis too.

MOTM - Cunha. Neto not far behind though.

Last edited:
Fantastic result.

What’s good is you can see where we are improving. A lot of work to do defensively but if we’re going to be a mid table team, I’d much rather it be this way round. We always look like scoring and that’s good coaching.

Fantastic result.

What’s good is you can see where we are improving. A lot of work to do defensively but if we’re going to be a mid table team, I’d much rather it be this way round. We always look like scoring and that’s good coaching.
Agreed. 7 goals scored in the last two games but also 6 conceded.

Haven't seen it, but as I was super critical of the appointment of O'Neil I have to give him some kudos. Obviously there are still issues with selection and substitutions but he's got everyone performing for him and we're definitely entertaining at the very least. Today is a great win (albeit Chelsea being a complete mess) that you certainly couldn't have seen under Lage (and less so the Lop).

Big spender that I am, I had a fiver on us to win before kick off at 5/1. Because we weren't very good in midweek for most of the game, but they were AWFUL for all of their game. Stupid odds.

They are basically a parallel of us from the 90s. Outspend the majority of the division by a huge factor and a team that cost 10% of yours rocks up and regularly outplays you because they're, y'know, a team.

Superb performance and the scoreline didn't flatter us at all. Pretty much everyone played well although Toti and Kilman on the Chelsea goals weren't great.

Sarabia's best game for us and Lemina was back to normal. Oh and look what having an actual footballer on the left does for you. Never ever play Doherty there under any circumstances.

Cunha joining the Wolves hat trick club is a lovely bonus.

Get in there.

What a result, what a performance. Absolutely deserved the 3 points and took their defence apart at will at times. Cunha, Neto, Sarabia all superb. Gomes and Lemina ran miles in the middle, Semedo had another good game, Ait-Nouri too. And we are entertaining to watch. 13 goals in 2 games is something we could only dream of 3 seasons ago.

We might need to start coming out at Molineux to this:

Been out with some family members planning our Hadrians wall hike, been getting updates. Regardless of how shit Chelsea are that’s an incredible result.

Back