• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 2-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Didn't see the game so nothing to say other than pick your best team and you win games of football. Great result.

A tinge of disappointment that although still 10th we should be 3 points off 6th, but to come back from that kick in the bollocks and after going a goal down shows great spirit

I'm fairly sure there's no foul on Joao Gomes' "goal" in the second half and Caicedo should have been booked before he actually was, but generally he was decent
Yeah I'd agree with that. Another day they could have been given two penalties and we could have been denied ours, and with 'clear and obvious' we all know what that means - we've been there!
Thankfully he got the big calls right.

GON has improved a hell of a lot of our players, the consistency and the general performances of Sa, Semedo, RAN, Kilman, Lemina, Gomes, Neto, Cunha, Sarabia, Hwang since he replaced Lop has gone up several levels.
Lop and Sarabia will forever confuse me.

Pushes hard to get him on enormous wages. Rarely uses him and when he does he seems to have no position.

Thankfully Gaz is getting a tune out of him.

Didn’t get to see the game apart from just before the penalty.

Think the last few months have put to bed the Cunha price tag Debate. He’s sensational and there’s still room to improve!
Yep, maybe there's something to this 'it takes a while to get used to the Premier league' cliche.
See also Hwang and Sarabia.

Got a bit of luck with deflections but ended up deserved winners. Nobody had a bad game, most had very good games. Dawson was tremendous at the back, RAN, Semedo, Gomes and Lemina covered so much ground, and outfought Chelsea, Sarabia added a few classy touches and Neto and Cunha ran them ragged. Hard to believe how much you can spend and still be in bottom half of the table - Chelsea are rotten to the core, mercenaries all through their team.

Lop and Sarabia will forever confuse me.

Pushes hard to get him on enormous wages. Rarely uses him and when he does he seems to have no position.

Thankfully Gaz is getting a tune out of him.
GO has improved so many players. Some may have needed a little time to adjust to the PL but I can’t think of one that doesn’t look better under him.

GO has improved so many players. Some may have needed a little time to adjust to the PL but I can’t think of one that doesn’t look better under him.
Well, Doc

But there's no point making sense of that deal

Back