• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 2-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

What a result, what a performance. Absolutely deserved the 3 points and took their defence apart at will at times. Cunha, Neto, Sarabia all superb. Gomes and Lemina ran miles in the middle, Semedo had another good game, Ait-Nouri too. And we are entertaining to watch. 13 goals in 2 games is something we could only dream of 3 seasons ago.

We might need to start coming out at Molineux to this:

Ive got all of his music! Great stuff!

I'd be fairly confident that's the first away hattrick for a wolves player in the PL

Great performance. Still some issues to sort out as we concede soft goals and are opened up too easily but some huge positives are developing. We have some great rotation up front now and that creates a lot of problems for opponents. The team is evolving and we just need a bit more strength in depth to make us a top half team as we are still capable of shooting ourselves in the foot.

Excellent from Cunha today. Gomes was huge as well and Dawson the pick at the back. Happy with our progress. :) Pretty much safe from relegation now. ;)

What's good about this game is that Gary has got a really tight unit playing FOR HIM and here we came up against a poor set of misfiring talented individuals. Many times previously we'd have cocked it up. But what a great performance. Just loving this team and Gary O'Fucking Neil! What a guy to get our players so well and Neto... !
Someone said lots of clubs will be gathering now, Hopefully he loves it here so much he stays with us....
What a treasure!

That was a superb performance. Cunha and Neto are unplayable when they're in that sort of form, and having Sarabia up there helps us so much as he's such a clever footballer.

It made a huge difference having RAN as well, Chelsea struggled so much with pace down our left from him as much as they struggled with Neto down the right.

The scoreline doesn't flatter us - we're lethal when we break at pace like that.

Was a bit disappointed with their 2nd goal - conceding 2 in a week from corners in such a weak manner isn't great after we've looked pretty solid in that regard this season up until then.

But it doesn't take the shine off the day. Well played GON, well played Wolves

Cunha an obvious MOTM but kudos to Neto, Sarabia, Lemina, RAN and Gomes.

We're a good side when we show this level of confidence and quality.

People keep pointing out they didn't want O'Neil and felt he wasn't doing well etc and it's great to own mistakes etc, but I not only didn't want him I felt we needed to upgrade on Cunha as he hadn't shown enough and outright called him a bad signing.

I feel like maybe some kind of forum ban and having future posts ran through some kind of probation program before I post them may be in order?...

Been out on grandparent duty so didn't have a chance to keep up with the game....let's just say I was pleasantly surprised when I got home!

What I think is so impressive is that even though we are clearly playing as a team, we still have some supremely talented individuals who have completely bought into the team ethos. It doesn't always happen that way. We play as a team but we work as an attacking threat because we have 2 or 3 of the most talented and skilful forward players I can recall seeing at Wolves. We are a very exciting team to watch, and we are getting the end product as well. It's fucking great.

I'm fairly sure there's no foul on Joao Gomes' "goal" in the second half and Caicedo should have been booked before he actually was, but generally he was decent
Yeah, no idea what the ref saw on that corner, however our players didn't moan at all.

Back