• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 2-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

skysports-football-champions-league_5035063.jpg

Please don't get him started...
He never mentions it though...

Ye olde writing about Walter.

Does include me inexplicably bigging up Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, for which I can't apologise enough.
An interesting trip down memory lane, that!

Found this point in the conclusion pretty pertinent:
"He genuinely did care about the club, he stepped in at a point where our first choice of managerial candidate in Julen Lopetegui had left us desperately scrambling for an answer on the eve of the season..."

Lemina and Joao Gomes look about 20m further forward than Neves and Moutinho ever used to be. It makes a huge difference to our attacking play.
Well, there was that spell where we seemed to think Moutinho was a #10.

As I said on the match thread RAN was pretty much making up a front four he was so far forwards, and made a lot of central runs including for his deflected goal.

Which will be 1 line on Cunha scoring his hat trick and 15 on how shit Chelsea are

Bless him he tried his best but couldn't quite just leave any Chelsea chat alone.

"Matheus Cunha (Wolves): All credit to Wolves, who recovered brilliantly from their 97th-minute defeat at home to Manchester United to then go and put four goals past Chelsea in a matter of days. That said, Chelsea were woeful against Liverpool but even worse against Wolves. The men that traumatised the home side were Matheus Cunha, who scored the goals, and Pedro Neto who provided them. The Brazilian striker exploited every mistake Chelsea made - and there were plenty. How can Chelsea have a billion-dollar team whose best defender is 39 years of age and no world-class centre-forward? Meanwhile Gary O'Neil's position at Molineux goes from strength to strength."

Am I the only one who was slightly icked by Cunha when he held his three fingers up? He went pinky-ring-middle as opposed to index-middle-ring and that's just plain wrong

Am I the only one who was slightly icked by Cunha when he held his three fingers up? He went pinky-ring-middle as opposed to index-middle-ring and that's just plain wrong
Too weird mate (I mean you not Cunha😀)

Bless him he tried his best but couldn't quite just leave any Chelsea chat alone.

"Matheus Cunha (Wolves): All credit to Wolves, who recovered brilliantly from their 97th-minute defeat at home to Manchester United to then go and put four goals past Chelsea in a matter of days. That said, Chelsea were woeful against Liverpool but even worse against Wolves. The men that traumatised the home side were Matheus Cunha, who scored the goals, and Pedro Neto who provided them. The Brazilian striker exploited every mistake Chelsea made - and there were plenty. How can Chelsea have a billion-dollar team whose best defender is 39 years of age and no world-class centre-forward? Meanwhile Gary O'Neil's position at Molineux goes from strength to strength."
Yes , but his comment on the 39 year old is one well worth making . It's a crazy stat for a club of their stature .

Scored against us in the 1981 cup semi final didn’t he?
Crooks and bloody Archibald. Pair of shirt fronts! Missed our chance in extra time at Hillsborough and knew it would be an uphill struggle when Andy Gray was injured for the replay in Tottenham’s back yard.

Back