• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Chelsea 2-4 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Yeah he thought he was too good for the Championship, he has form since then for walking away from jobs to 'better' himself

Yeah he thought he was too good for the Championship, he has form since then for walking away from jobs to 'better' himself
Hull - Watford was fair enough I think.
Watford - Everton is probably something he regrets

Did turn down a huge Saudi offer in the Summer

Just looked up the message from Butti - basically 'My sunglasses are Oakley... hahaha they're not cheap as your friend said :LOL: :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:'

Accompanied by a picture

1707140434931.png

Hull - Watford was fair enough I think.
Watford - Everton is probably something he regrets

Did turn down a huge Saudi offer in the Summer
Any manager is going to take the Everton offer if manager at Watford. Despite Everton being a car crash in recent years, they are a proper football club from a proper football city with a real fanbase. Watford is in reality never going to be anything other than a small, unfashionable club in a city where they will never be the biggest or best team (or even in the top five biggest or best teams).

Rob Edwards learning from the master here

March14-Wolverhampton-Wanderers-v-Barnsley-Sky-Bet-Championship-Molineux.jpg

Think that's from the 0-4 against Barnsley. Grim stuff.

I wonder if Walt is still barred from The Crown, the crazy bastard.

I don't remember him being Lage levels of bad, but then it wasn't as easy for me to watch us in that league.

Missed that game, was over in Italy at the time following the score on my phone in disbelief. Then went and beat Newcastle at their place a few days later

He was just a nutbar, it was never going to last. Fleetingly we'd look quite good (we won at Newcastle under him) but other times just a mess. Used to constantly change the team (and not just 1-2 players here and there, fucking loads of them, all the time) for no reason. Poor Dom Iorfa used to go RB->CH->sub->out of the squad->back to RB and restart the cycle.

Missed that game, was over in Italy at the time following the score on my phone in disbelief. Then went and beat Newcastle at their place a few days later
That when Teixiera nearly scored a worldy?

He looked a real find for a hot minute there.

Walter was just insane. He followed up that disaster by beating Newcastle away from home.

Permanent squad rotation - You could be MOTM one week and not even on the bench the next. Good game as a DM? Next week you are our #10.
Then of course offering out goalkeepers from Burton etc. Never knew what was coming from him

Think that's from the 0-4 against Barnsley. Grim stuff.

I wonder if Walt is still barred from The Crown, the crazy bastard.
Turned up in his Wolves gear and trainers, bouncers wouldn't let him in and he tried to fight them was the story - never got that entertainment with Ken!

Should have worn these instead...
1707143124144.png

He was worse than Lage!
Despite him clearly being a couple of cards short of a full deck, you sort of had to like Walt. Never ever a suitable manager and I'm not sure I'd like spending *huge* amounts of time with him, but there was an endearing quality to him.

Lage was just a fucking wanker.

Also Walt was the original David Coote hater. Went ballistic at him after Villa away.

This is a hallmark move for us, drag the opposition over to one side of the pitch then play it backwards and switch the ball to the other side. We've attempted it numerous times the last few weeks.
Players breaking their necks to get into the box is good to see and is resulting in us making more chances and scoring more.
Lemina, Doherty, Semedo, Ait-Nouri, Doyle all scoring goals recently. Brilliant.
Sa's distribution has improved.
Our dead-ball tactics have improved markedly too since GON took over.

When Walt was first linked after Lop took the Spain job I was very much of the wtf opinion as his managerial record was poor but then I always regarded him as an Italy legend and in those early Fosun days there was something surreal for me to see someone of Zenga's ilk at Wolves though he would have been better as keeper than manager!

Despite him clearly being a couple of cards short of a full deck, you sort of had to like Walt. Never ever a suitable manager and I'm not sure I'd like spending *huge* amounts of time with him, but there was an endearing quality to him.

Also Walt was the original David Coote hater. Went ballistic at him after Villa away.
"The ball is never out, the game is never over"

Admit I'm a sucker for that shit.

Ye olde writing about Walter.

Does include me inexplicably bigging up Cameron Borthwick-Jackson, for which I can't apologise enough.

Yeah I liked him, and what an incredible playing career (one of our most decorated managers?) but he was a terrible football manager.

Back