• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 0-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

This is probably overly simplistic but it seems we're struggling a bit in midfield with just Gomes and Lemina. Since the utd game have opposition set up to negate them and would we be better off with 3 in midfield?

I’m not sure who else we’d play there to be honest unless we manage to keep hold of Matheus.

Why am I not surprised you can't recognise a patronising comment when you see it 😅

Why am I not surprised you can't recognise a patronising comment when you see it 😅
Oh I know what patronising is, I see it from you often enough.

I just didn't think what GoN said was patronising, sorry for disagreeing with you, not sure why you're so butt hurt about it!

“Butt hurt” (and some other phrases like it) carries a particular implication I’d very much appreciate us avoiding. 🙂

Can tell we've got an English manager when he's getting interviewed by Lineker on MOTD.

“Butt hurt” (and some other phrases like it) carries a particular implication I’d very much appreciate us avoiding. 🙂

What others? I wouldn't have thought that was a derogatory term for what I'm assuming you're getting at so confused what others would be

Dawson's yellow was for having the audacity to be ran in to. Five yellows is pretty standard these days, I don't think our discipline is anything out of the ordinary.
Only if the ordinary is getting more than any other team in the EPL in 2022/23 and having more than any other team in the EPL so far this season, cos that's our record.

What others? I wouldn't have thought that was a derogatory term for what I'm assuming you're getting at so confused what others would be
Variations of getting “bent over”, really.

Not trying to make a fuss. To use modern parlance, those kinds of references are bit triggering for me is all. 😅

Reactions: b3h
Variations of getting “bent over”, really.

Not trying to make a fuss. To use modern parlance, those kinds of references are bit triggering for me is all. 😅
Struck me as it meant a good kick up the ass, just saying 🙄

Only if the ordinary is getting more than any other team in the EPL in 2022/23 and having more than any other team in the EPL so far this season, cos that's our record.
Man U and Forest both got 4 yellows in addition to Forest's red. We only got 4 today actually, Fulham got 7 including 2 which were upgraded to a red.

Unbelievably Brentford v Palace didn't have a single booking!

Way to derail the thread with dated US teen slang and semantic bollocks EP 😅

Manager says something I felt sounded a bit odd and condescending for his age and status so I highlighted it (with a question mark to invite discussion and different takes).

You're only saying it's 'over'-analysis because it's mildly critical. If it was a Gazball gush you wouldn't have said a peep

I’m not sure who else we’d play there to be honest unless we manage to keep hold of Matheus.
There are lots of different ways to prevent against being overloaded in the middle in our current system without just throwing another CM in.

Move a FB forward into CM in possession, drop a striker further back, tuck one or both wingers inside, Pep has even started pushing a CB forward into midfield (For clarity, I'm not endorsing O'Neil doing this with Max Kilman :ROFLMAO:).

Just watched the highlights and Jose Sa was a man possessed yesterday. What a performance.

Way to derail the thread with dated US teen slang and semantic bollocks EP 😅

Manager says something I felt sounded a bit odd and condescending for his age and status so I highlighted it (with a question mark to invite discussion and different takes).

You're only saying it's 'over'-analysis because it's mildly critical. If it was a Gazball gush you wouldn't have said a peep
I'm saying it's "over" analysis because I felt it was.

I'm certainly neither pro or anti O'Neil.

If you were promoting discussion, why be annoyed/dismissive by my opinion!?

Butt hurt references the upset or injustice felt by a child after having their bottom spanked. It's usage earlier was entirely in line with that. Let's not add meaning that isn't there.
It has different meanings here and brings up experiences I’d prefer not to think about. I’m not accusing anyone of anything.

It's a reasonable point and one that's very easy to respect if you're a decent human being with a half decent vocab. We've managed to pretty much wipe out references like retard/mong that u used to be pretty common, there's no reason we can't do the same with shit like dry bummed/bent over

Back