• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 0-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Another Goodison smash and grab for the second year in a row.

Really low quality game though with any chances snuffed out by the keepers and some wasteful finishing. Sa in particular had some great stops. He's my MOTM for keeping us in it.

The entire team seemed a yard off the pace first half, but they improved second half. The front four played like a bunch of strangers, which is concerning. Not sure what attacking patterns they are training based on that.

Silva should have had a goal today and was unlucky with the offside. Just needs one to go in off his arse to get him going. Great to see Kalajdzic get his first goal. Was it his first touch too?

Still lots of improvement needed but at least we are off the board with points and a win.

Last edited:
Get the feck in. Not seen any of it but I’m already half cut on the way to see Noel Gallagher. Another reason to have a good night.

Massive win and a clean sheet but the performance sounded dreadful.

Looks like we're gunna need to spawn our way to safety.
Pleased for Sasa.

Three points stolen but excellent to get them on the board. Also nice to finally play a team more inept in front of goal than us.

Jeff will be happy too, clearly don't need Matheus to win a game so off to City he can go.

RAN heading down the tunnel and GON turns him around and tells him to go and thank the fans. Like that.

We can’t play like that and consistently pick points up in the PL, but we’ll take that today.

Play Sasa from the start from now on.

What a strange old game. How to summarise that.

It's a game where our keeper is head and shoulders our best player (I'd argue his best ever game for us - I slate him a lot but he was outstanding today) and yet we easily could have scored 3 or 4 more in the second half. We didn't really play a lot of football but I couldn't say we were outplayed. Just odd.

I mean take the clean sheet, take the points - we needed them. Badly. That's a huge victory even in August.

Fabio - if you can't finish those son then you ain't gonna make it. Two in eight days. Must do better.

Sasa - if he plays, he'll score. He's a good player.

Kilman nearly cost us two or three times with awful defending, he shouldn't be captain.

Delighted with the outcome, clearly still much to work on.

We really do need to find a balance between being an attacking force (of some description) but not a leaky sieve at the back. We can’t seem to have one without sacrificing the other at the minute.

Game was pretty shit, and we looked extremely uninspired to say the least going forwards, but this is a big three points to take us to where we'll finish the season, 15th.

At this early stage Everton look in serious trouble

RAN should keep that wide left slot for now IMO. Hwang was shite.

2 poor teams but the 3 points is massive. Pleases for Sasa, unfortunately its still going to be too early for him to be starting if he's only getting the minutes he is at the moment but the sooner he's up to speed the better.

I suspect Dyche won’t last past October but they are more FUBARed without him

Absolutely hammered them... top quality.

And in the real world, terrible game. Glad we won but two poor sides who are going to be down the bottom of the table all season at this rate.

Two excellent saves, one from Pickford and one from Sa. 1-1 might have been a fairer result but after Old Trafford, I'll happily take this.

Get the feck in. Not seen any of it but I’m already half cut on the way to see Noel Gallagher. Another reason to have a good night.
Is Noel and Liam playing both on their own after Oasis?

Back