• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Everton: Verdict Thread

Well most of statement you’ve made is an opinion so can’t be fact. Facts are something like the time, laws of gravity etc
After what happened at Ipswich and Luton performance you absolutely can’t blame anyone for doubting his credentials.
Having the attitude of I told you so is just being captain hindsight.
I did not tell anyone anything. I am just amazed how this team that Loppy felt was not good enough has been shown to be a great group of guys. & that is down, largely, to Gary. Gary has proved his doubters wrong - so far, at least.

The most exciting thing about the last couple of matches is how good Cunha, Hwang and Sarabia have looked. Full credit to GoN for that (and I say that as one of his biggest critics previously).

Pity Hwang is going to be away for a bit but the manager is clearly doing something right there. Plus, it is so refreshing to actually like this team again and the fans, players and staff all look like they are really enjoying themselves.

The stuff DW has pointed out is true though. The turn around from the Ipswich game has been superb and a lot of us were wrong in our initial view of GO and I am certainly happy to be sat here and be wrong and glad Hobbs didn't pull the trigger when I wanted him to do so.
That is reasonable. Undoubtedly some on here would have had him sacked prematurely.

I’m not afraid to acknowledge I was wrong and I’m pretty fucking delighted to do so.

I’m just not sure what you get from picking people apart for what they though at the time of the appointment as it seems you haven’t seen enough humble pie munched.

It makes you look worse than your attempted targets
Certain members on this forum have always rubbished anything I post. I will respond occasionally.

Not sure why you're spoiling for a fight when the thrust of everyone's argument is "I wouldn't have picked him, he started pretty poorly which looked ominous and now he's doing really well so fair play". But whatever makes you tick.
Success for Wolves makes me tick & the initial writing off of our new manager by many was very unfair in my view. Lets hope we can get behind the team more on this forum & cut out the endless criticism of people trying their best.

That is reasonable. Undoubtedly some on here would have had him sacked prematurely.
Not just on here. After the Luton/Ipswich games the noise was getting louder about GO being out of his depth.
Ipswich game GO probably gave his worst post match interview and certain players seemed to be against him with their actions and body language.

Fans will always, in general, be reactive and he came in at the worst time. Hugely inexperienced, selling everything that moved (might be why Max survived...) a summer of bollocks caused by Jeff and Lopetegui and the mood of the fans was on the floor. Unfortunately for GO he was starting from a negative with the fans. Not his fault but that's where it was.
He has the fans onside now, even if that is the most critical just saying he is doing well....at the moment.

He deserves a lot of credit, especially for the last 7 days.

Also remember this is a forum...imagine if in August we all said "saying nothing about GO until at least the 19th game to stop myself looking like a dick". Benefits no one bar maybe Wolf Hunting who would just be commenting on the breaking news he had got the job.

Not just on here. After the Luton/Ipswich games the noise was getting louder about GO being out of his depth.
Ipswich game GO probably gave his worst post match interview and certain players seemed to be against him with their actions and body language.

Fans will always, in general, be reactive and he came in at the worst time. Hugely inexperienced, selling everything that moved (might be why Max survived...) a summer of bollocks caused by Jeff and Lopetegui and the mood of the fans was on the floor. Unfortunately for GO he was starting from a negative with the fans. Not his fault but that's where it was.
He has the fans onside now, even if that is the most critical just saying he is doing well....at the moment.

He deserves a lot of credit, especially for the last 7 days.

Also remember this is a forum...imagine if in August we all said "saying nothing about GO until at least the 19th game to stop myself looking like a dick". Benefits no one bar maybe Wolf Hunting who would just be commenting on the breaking news he had got the job.
So everyone panicked - I get that. I may well be wrong but I think Gary will be one of the best British managers we have seen in many years. Certainly the pundits seem to be seeing his ability.

So everyone panicked - I get that. I may well be wrong but I think Gary will be one of the best British managers we have seen in many years. Certainly the pundits seem to be seeing his ability.
Not panicked, just gave their opinion as they saw it at the time.
Lots were wrong but things can change quickly in football.
I hope you are right because then i get to witness another spell of success.
Right now though just happy I called it wrong early on.

Well most of statement you’ve made is an opinion so can’t be fact. Facts are something like the time, laws of gravity etc
After what happened at Ipswich and Luton performance you absolutely can’t blame anyone for doubting his credentials.
Having the attitude of I told you so is just being captain hindsight.
Is that a fact?:)

Great finish mind. Clearly full of confidence.

I’m currently getting the mickey taken from me continuously regarding hwang. Start of the season saying he’s a terrible footballer to this. Making me look more and more foolish as the weeks go by!
I don’t think anyone on here or anywhere would have dreamt of his transformation into a top striker. I certainly was wrong about him but did wonder when he scored a great goal during the World Cup. Could he replicate that? He has.

Is it not okay to change your opinion based on new evidence?

Or do you have to pick a position and stick to it rigidly regardless of what you see in front of you?
Of course. But if this forum had been in charge he would have been sacked!

I don’t think anyone on here or anywhere would have dreamt of his transformation into a top striker. I certainly was wrong about him but did wonder when he scored a great goal during the World Cup. Could he replicate that? He has.
One of the times when I’m happy to be proven wrong, and long may it continue.

Refuse to change tact with me mates though. It’s bloody cold on this hill!

I think we all need to calm down & enjoy the great football I have seen this last week.

Seriously mate, and without being the least bit disrespectful, a Football Internet Forum probably isn’t the best best place to visit if you expect no criticism or a balanced opinion.

Especially this one.

Back