• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Everton: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Fabulous performance from start to finish and another well deserved win at home. Everton were poor after trying to match up with our formation, but we put them away with ease at times. If they'd have lost 5 or 6 nil they wouldn't have had any complaints.

Given that we've just had 3 games in 7 days with pretty much the same XI in all of them it has been a brilliant effort and run that the players have gone on.

The most satisfying thing is that we're starting to develop a really positive style of play and attacking identity on top of that. Long may it continue. Losing RAN and Hwang will be a big miss for the next few weeks albeit the winter break will help minimize the games missed. Plus we're in a very safe position now that it might give others to stake their place and develop their game without any risk of dropping into trouble.

Several good performances today, but Gomes gets my nod for MOTM. All action performance in both directions with passing, tackles and all-round quality, and showed his importance with Super Mario not available. nods to Cunha, RAN and Hwang all with great games too.

Last edited:
3 games. 7 days. 9 points.

What a fucking effort from them. What a group. Absolutely LOVED that pack mentality today & the support for Mario and of course, the tributes to his poor dad.

Every single one of them were superb today. I’m not having anyone say it’s because Everton were poor etc - we played them off the park from the first minute to the last. Completely the opposite to what I expected.

We might have had better results (or more unexpected? - Man City, Spurs etc), but that was the best performance of the season by far. Some of that passing & movement was a joy to watch.

Gutted that we’re losing RAN & Hwang given the form they’re both in, but grateful to have Pedro back and hopefully Fosun back us in January because we’ve got some proper momentum behind us at the moment.

Superb from them all 🐺

Should have won that by more than 3-0 but would have taken that scoreline before the game. Excellent controlled display that deserved more goals. Not been able to say that much over the last few seasons. Well played Wolves. Playing for one another, playing as a team and getting better and better. That pretty much makes us safe from any relegation threat... not that it was a worry anyway. Happy New Year!

If the first 65’ I didn’t see were even half as good as what I did see, then wow. Thoroughly dominant performance by the end, even if Gary’s tactical calling card is to play loose and open.

Shout outs to Dawson, Kilman, and Toti, who didn’t put a toe wrong for the last half hour or so.

Gary earned the Barmy Army chants today.

Thought this would be a tough one to be honest, but it's as comfortable win as you're likely to get at this level.

Everton missing their best player in Doucoure and we really exposed them in the centre of the field as a result (even with us missing Mario). Could quite easily had a few more goals on top of the three we did get as well, a massively positive way to be entering the new year.

Imagine if we had those seven extra points?

Top notch today, some great finishes (the offsides too) and attacking patterns. No silly mistakes either. Very, very good. Well done to Gary and the team.

A REALLY good performance, as good as i've seen from us since the best days of Nuno.

It had purpose, intensity and quality, it's fantastic to see us a threat down the middle with through balls, Hwang's movement was excellent, and i don't buy the narrative (and GON's belief) that Hwang can't play there, he can, and he's getting better there every time he plays there.

It's such a shame that Hwang and RAN are both missing for the next month or so, as they are absolutely key, but the performances of Cunha, Sarabia, Gomes and even Semedo were brilliant today.

9 goals in 3 games, or 7 in 2, i don't think we've managed that since late 2017 when we beat Leeds and Bolton in back to back Molineux maulings in the Champ? And we are now just ONE goal shy of our total of 31 for 22/23 and we haven't even added a striker!

GON deserves a hell of a lot of credit for the improved form of Toti, Kilman, Sa, RAN, Gomes, Lemina, Hwang, Sarabia, Neto and Cunha since he came in, i don't believe Lopetegui would have got them all purring like this.

0.46xG for Everton. Can't believe it's even that high!

Check the bottom pic in the first post for ours.. ;)

Zero shots on target for them. They deserved nowt.
I’ve always felt that hitting the frame should be considered on target. Or at least its own thing (like a PK Saved vs Missed).

Back