• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Everton: Verdict Thread

Well that was fun. We looked so comfortable. Totally controlled the game from beginning to end, and if we had put 5 past them they couldn't have really complained. As an attacking threat this run we are on is easily the best we've looked since the early days of Nuno. Who knows if we can sustain it, but its certainly enjoyable while it lasts.

So many players are looking so much better than they've looked in the past. Really strong performances today from RAN (again), Hwang (again), Cunha, Sarabia, and MOTM Gomes. Doyle also looked very good and the midfield didn't really miss a beat today, and that one bit of skill from Traore to play Neto in shows he can come in and perform too when necessary. Great to see Neto back and chomping at the bit.

Some smashing football and about 6-1 (giving them the McNeil howitzer) would have been a fair reflection.

Second straight MOTM for Joao Gomes for me.
Not sure where you get their goal from...good hit but never going in.

What a game, what a performance, what a result! Great to see us controlling a game like that and so exciting in attack, playing with such confidence. Lovely to see out a game in such comfort rather than full of nerves.

Fair play to GO and his staff, they are really creating a togetherness in the squad and have the team performing in a way not seen since the Nuno days.

3 wins in 6 days, excellent stuff!

A REALLY good performance, as good as i've seen from us since the best days of Nuno.

It had purpose, intensity and quality, it's fantastic to see us a threat down the middle with through balls, Hwang's movement was excellent, and i don't buy the narrative (and GON's belief) that Hwang can't play there, he can, and he's getting better there every time he plays there.

It's such a shame that Hwang and RAN are both missing for the next month or so, as they are absolutely key, but the performances of Cunha, Sarabia, Gomes and even Semedo were brilliant today.

9 goals in 3 games, or 7 in 2, i don't think we've managed that since late 2017 when we beat Leeds and Bolton in back to back Molineux maulings in the Champ? And we are now just ONE goal shy of our total of 31 for 22/23 and we haven't even added a striker!

GON deserves a hell of a lot of credit for the improved form of Toti, Kilman, Sa, RAN, Gomes, Lemina, Hwang, Sarabia, Neto and Cunha since he came in, i don't believe Lopetegui would have got them all purring like this.

RAN wouldn’t be playing for us if Lopetegui was still here, he’d have been sold.

Defo, he wasn't even making the bench at times.

Lop didn't fancy Hwang much either.

Crazy when you consider all GON has really done is give RAN a bit of discipline with the fancy flicks, and utilised him as more of an attacking threat. It does leave Toti exposed sometimes, but not TOO often that it’s an issue.

I’ll give him Hwang, none of us could have predicted this would happen. All GON has really done is shifted him to a 9 and played on his strength of finding space and finishing. It’s what he has done with Cunha that is a lot more impressive.

Seen some Everton fans on their forum bemoaning the lack of rotation with so many games in such a short space of time. Oh and missing their best CM today as well.

Yep, exactly the same for us lads! Just shows how good a job the manager and players have done in the last 3 games.

Seen some Everton fans on their forum bemoaning the lack of rotation with so many games in such a short space of time. Oh and missing their best CM today as well.

Yep, exactly the same for us lads! Just shows how good a job the manager and players have done in the last 3 games.

Doyle and Dawson aside I’m not sure how the rest of them have kept up the level of pressing and aggression in the past three games. They didn’t look the slightest bit tired today.

Crazy when you consider all GON has really done is give RAN a bit of discipline with the fancy flicks, and utilised him as more of an attacking threat. It does leave Toti exposed sometimes, but not TOO often that it’s an issue.
And there were a fair few posters on here & across social media using that as a stick to bash GON with initially.

I think we can all see the improvement in a lot of our squad and that’s due to the work being put in on the training field and the players buying in to it. Long may that continue!

And there were a fair few posters on here & across social media using that as a stick to bash GON with initially.

I think we can all see the improvement in a lot of our squad and that’s due to the work being put in on the training field and the players buying in to it. Long may that continue!

I think Toti has done fine with a lot of it. Worst I’ve probably seen it was against Brentford where he was clearly targeted and struggled against Lewis-Potter, but more often than not it doesn’t leave us too weak. And Lewis-Potter is a good player.

The stick early on was fair tbh.

Collapsed vs Brighton (due to crap tactics of emptying the midfield) then went bad Colin Lee at Palace to lose a game we never should have, and awful subs vs Liverpool had us losing a game we could have won let alone drawn. Then looked a clueless rabble at Luton and threw away a 2-0 lead at Ipswich.

No CV behind him to suggest he would get better and he finished horribly at Bournemouth once they were safe.

He's massively turned it around, huge credit there but no point retrospectively picking at what were more than valid arguments.

On our way home and have to say that's the most complete performance I've seen for a while. It felt really comfortable. They had a go for 5 minutes at the start of the second half but we defended well and then took them to the cleaners.
Must admit I was a bit concerned at half time to only be leading by 1 after being in control so much but mostly dominated the game.
It was nice to play them off the park but also we out fought them too.
Don't think anyone had a bad game with RAN and Cunh
a really good. Apart from a couple of poor decisions early on Hwang played well again.
Sarabia is classy but for me Gomes just shades motm, I'm in danger of getting too gushy about him tbh.
Neto didn't seem to be holding back which is good to see.

Play well in midfield and up front,
Score goals,
Defend well.
Win,
Excellent day.

Back