• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Everton: Verdict Thread

Special word for Dyche, set his team up to tactically fail today. 5 at the back when both full backs aren't good going forward, 2 in midfield when your ball winner is injured and 2 behind a forward who didn't know whether they should be inside or out and played like they didn't know what they should be doing.

That aside the best performance of the season without our best 2 players

I wouldn't swap him for Zinchenko or either of Villa's LBs and City don't even have a proper LB.
Me either, but you can guarantee their fans would barely know who he is let alone consider him be better than Moreno, Zinchenko or Digne. (which helps us of course)

He needs to stay fit too, it's only been under GON that he's managed to play more than 1 hour a game consistently

Must admit I was nervous about Doyle coming in for Lemina (obviously not much choice) but I thought he did pretty well, some good passes and kept us moving. He did bottle a couple of 50//50 challenges first half but picked up after that.
Also thought Traore did well when he came on, obviously is as raw as fuck but he's powerful and athletic.

There was a joining in of PL corrupt as fuck. When they started waving their little pink placards is when they correctly got the cheating treatment. I don't know who is out of step with the general feeling about their points deduction, this forum or pretty much the entire media. As has been discussed, I don't have much sympathy and think they are bloody lucky they've been done in a season when it's not going to hurt them

I know I'm not exactly shy of hyperbole or recency bias, but I reckon that was our most dominant performance since pre-covid.

Going forwards I thought our movement was sharper, better angles being created and a real desire to play passes inbetween defenders, and the possession was a lot sharper compared to some of the ponderous stuff we've been treated to.

Ait-Nouri was a joy to watch, he showed the nonchalance of somebody that really believed he was the best technician on the pitch, and some of his touches were just wonderful. Joao was again superb - I'm sure we'll get a few more dips in form as he develops but hopefully they'll be shallower and shorter after his difficult couple of months.

The back three were all excellent. Semedo did well in the main but should've created more given the positions he gets the ball, but that's not a problem that's getting solved outside the transfer market. Doyle was OK, and I guess if he's £5m and 4th choice I'd be happy enough

The tactics and intensity were spot on, the changes were the right ones (and they worked) and it was great to see us with the desire to keep scoring goals rather than just sitting off.

Great performance to top off a great Christmas week.

Must admit I was nervous about Doyle coming in for Lemina (obviously not much choice) but I thought he did pretty well, some good passes and kept us moving. He did bottle a couple of 50//50 challenges first half but picked up after that.
Also thought Traore did well when he came on, obviously is as raw as fuck but he's powerful and athletic.
He's a neat and tidy footballer, who battles and has a decent out ball. I'm not sure that's enough though

Best performance for many months but a great three games all round.

I’m on the wine and very happy.

He's a neat and tidy footballer, who battles and has a decent out ball. I'm not sure that's enough though
For Sheff Utd he played in a 3 which freed him up a bit more. He's a useful player to have, especially for £5m, but I'm not sure he's better suited in the current system than Traore who's a bit more mobile and dynamic.

Back