• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 3-0 Everton: Verdict Thread

For Sheff Utd he played in a 3 which freed him up a bit more. He's a useful player to have, especially for £5m, but I'm not sure he's better suited in the current system than Traore who's a bit more mobile and dynamic.
Oh for the money he's fine. We could flip him to the Championship and make a profit. I'm just not sure he'll elevate himself beyond a bench option used when we have injuries though

I thought he did OK today sitting back and spraying passes about, but he probably won’t have an easier game in midfield this season.

He's a neat and tidy footballer, who battles and has a decent out ball. I'm not sure that's enough though
You're probably right but for our 3rd or 4th choice cm, would we be able to upgrade significantly?

You're probably right but for our 3rd or 4th choice cm, would we be able to upgrade significantly?
Well it's certainly not a priority and I guess it depends on whether GON wants an alternative or a backup to Lemina and Gomes as he's the former stylistically rather than the latter.

Crazy when you consider all GON has really done is give RAN a bit of discipline with the fancy flicks, and utilised him as more of an attacking threat. It does leave Toti exposed sometimes, but not TOO often that it’s an issue.

I’ll give him Hwang, none of us could have predicted this would happen. All GON has really done is shifted him to a 9 and played on his strength of finding space and finishing. It’s what he has done with Cunha that is a lot more impressive.
He is an impressive manager - we are lucky to have him.

Kudos for bringing on Bellegarde and Neto too. We didn't give Everton a seconds peace today
Major positive (well, apart from the fantastic performance) was Neto coming on and blitzing past Tarkowski. Now, fully aware Tarkowski is hardly Usain Bolt, but good to see him sprinting at full pace.

The timing of his return is great as well, with hwang off, and Sarabia coming into form a front three of Sarabia, Cunha and Neto is still fine.

The stick early on was fair tbh.

Collapsed vs Brighton (due to crap tactics of emptying the midfield) then went bad Colin Lee at Palace to lose a game we never should have, and awful subs vs Liverpool had us losing a game we could have won let alone drawn. Then looked a clueless rabble at Luton and threw away a 2-0 lead at Ipswich.

No CV behind him to suggest he would get better and he finished horribly at Bournemouth once they were safe.

He's massively turned it around, huge credit there but no point retrospectively picking at what were more than valid arguments.
Rubbish. Just admit you and others were wrong for once. All too quick to condemn. The guy came in last minute - give him a break.

Some turnaround for Sarabia.

v Ipswich he was visibly angry with GO when he was subbed and as the games after that went on he looked to be in a bit of a Silva situation and time was ticking down on his time here. Then the goal v Spurs came.

Last edited:
Rubbish. Just admit you and others were wrong for once. All too quick to condemn. The guy came in last minute - give him a break.
The stuff DW has pointed out is true though. The turn around from the Ipswich game has been superb and a lot of us were wrong in our initial view of GO and I am certainly happy to be sat here and be wrong and glad Hobbs didn't pull the trigger when I wanted him to do so.

Last edited:
I could only follow the score updates so I’m delighted to hear how well we played.

3 wins, 9 goals and 9 points, what a Christmas!

The stuff DW has pointed out is true though. The turn around from the Ipswich game has been superb and a lot of us were wrong in our initial view of GO and I am certainly happy to be sat here and be wrong and glad Hobbs didn't pull the trigger when I wanted him to do so.
Every manager gets things wrong - that is why the league is brilliant as anyone can beat anyone else on their day. My point is that this forum (in the main) wrote Gary off from the start. Now they are struggling to admit they were wrong. With exceptions.

Mario can have a good couple of weeks off with his family now. Our next league game isn't until 22nd January.

Wouldn't surprise me if GON gave them all a couple of days off to rest, relax and enjoy themselves after a hard week, and come back Tuesday. Though they'll get that break after next Friday anyway.

Fantastic performance and result. I think I've read since that we've scored as many goals in the last 7 days than we had by Christmas last season.

Every manager gets things wrong - that is why the league is brilliant as anyone can beat anyone else on their day. My point is that this forum (in the main) wrote Gary off from the start. Now they are struggling to admit they were wrong. With exceptions.

I don't think this is fair, pretty much everyone on here who weren't impressed with him early in the season (myself included) is delighted with our points tally and current form and have said so.

Plenty have said they have been proved wrong.

At the end of the day, every person on here wants Wolves to do well - we're all on the same side here.

Man who contributes next to nothing to the forum, slags off people who do. Good on you champ

Superb performance and we seem to have hit on that precious commodity of togetherness. It’s an impressive job from GON.

Del Woppio captures it well for me - the angles and speed were superb. Given it all came at the end of a demanding schedule it was pretty incredible to see that maintained right up to the end, as well as being a real, pleasing, contrast to Burnley and Forest. If the learnings from those games have informed how we’ve played today, and that’s part of an overall progressive trajectory, it’s really encouraging.

If Gomes had finished that move in the second half it would have been one of our best team goals I could remember.

Back