• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Everton 0-1 Wolves: Verdict Thread

Said my piece anyway, no need to drag it out further. Please return to your normally scheduled snark and cynicism.

I'm saying it's "over" analysis because I felt it was.

I'm certainly neither pro or anti O'Neil.

If you were promoting discussion, why be annoyed/dismissive by my opinion!?

I thought you were against 'over-analysis' 🙄

You didn't give your opinion on O'Neil's comment... your opinion was on my take on it, you had nothing to say about his words, you just paraphrased mine. How is that a discussion?

Anyway, that's me done on this topic 😘

I thought you were against 'over-analysis' 🙄

You didn't give your opinion on O'Neil's comment... your opinion was on my take on it, you had nothing to say about his words, you just paraphrased mine. How is that a discussion?

Anyway, that's me done on this topic 😘
Hopefully if you've read it correctly it's something the players will discuss with GO.

You should be a UN peacekeeper, Al 😉
Just trying to stay positive!

I don't mind GO's press comments so far; he doesn't come across as a blithering idiot which is nice. He definitely seems to get a bit carried away when he tries to make a point though. The whole "they play too free" and the comments you mentioned, along with the "no big games til 34 matches in" thing... I can see what he's trying to get at with that stuff but there's something very knee-jerk-reflex about them.

Just trying to stay positive!

I don't mind GO's press comments so far; he doesn't come across as a blithering idiot which is nice. He definitely seems to get a bit carried away when he tries to make a point though. The whole "they play too free" and the comments you mentioned, along with the "no big games til 34 matches in" thing... I can see what he's trying to get at with that stuff but there's something very knee-jerk-reflex about them.

Must admit I was a tiny bit concerned by the moving too much/playing too free comments. It might be that he’s alluding to the fact we get far too open and commit too many bodies at times, but he said in the United post-match that a lack of numbers in the box was a big concern last year.

I’m probably being a bit thick, but I just don’t understand what he’s alluding to.

Wolves and Everton weren’t relegated before the game. Neither of our fates are (even remotely) confirmed after it.

The fans think it’s a “big game” because we shit ourselves, but it’s no more important than any other game. Even if GON did think it was a “big game” he’s not going to outwardly say it as that heaps on unnecessary pressure on. Particularly if you then lose.

Nothing is won or lost in August FFS.

We thought Forest was a big game in April, we were terrible, should have lost. Even if we did it would have made fuck all difference.

The guys getting over-analysed over everything just so people can stick the boot in at any opportunity which is just weird and tedious.

The next guy isn’t going to be better!

Must admit I was a tiny bit concerned by the moving too much/playing too free comments. It might be that he’s alluding to the fact we get far too open and commit too many bodies at times, but he said in the United post-match that a lack of numbers in the box was a big concern last year.

I’m probably being a bit thick, but I just don’t understand what he’s alluding to.
If you want to know the limb I'm out on...

I think he's trying to say that we've been leaving too much up to individual inspiration rather than coordinating movements as a unit. There were multiple times yesterday where a run was made and no pass to reach it, or a pass was made for a run that never happened (Sarabia has been particularly victimized by this one). Our players aren't anticipating each other well enough.

The guys getting over-analysed over everything just so people can stick the boot in at any opportunity which is just weird and tedious.

Bit dramatic.

There's literally one person on here who wants him gone, and probably two who are overtly and regularly cynical about him.

Not really enough to start a weird victim complex on his behalf?

Wolves and Everton weren’t relegated before the game. Neither of our fates are (even remotely) confirmed after it.

The fans think it’s a “big game” because we shit ourselves, but it’s no more important than any other game. Even if GON did think it was a “big game” he’s not going to outwardly say it as that heaps on unnecessary pressure on. Particularly if you then lose.

We thought Forest was a big game in April, we were terrible, should have lost. Even if we did it would have made fuck all difference.

What a laughable pile of clichéd shit this is.

What is weird and tedious is you sticking the boot in on other posters that dare challenge your rosy view of GoN.

And if you think the next guy isn't going to be any better you've not been paying attention.

It's this kind of thinking that people defended Lage with.

There's merit in some of this, I do think what O'Neil says is over anaylsed often for point scoring purposes, but to suggest yesterday wasn't a big game is bobbins. With everything else that has gone on at the club in the past few months and the atmosphere surrounding it, to lose yesterday would have been more than just 3 points in terms of the effect it would have had on the players and the fans. I wouldn't expect O'Neil to say it is, because if we'd lost he'd have painted himself into an unnecessary corner, however I'm confident he would have known the importance and am amazed you don't

Nobody really knows how things will go under GO so it’s impossible to say how his successor will do in comparison, even more so when you don’t know who his successor will be.

What a laughable pile of clichéd shit this is.

What is weird and tedious is you sticking the boot in on other posters that dare challenge your rosy view of GoN.

And if you think the next guy isn't going to be any better you've not been paying attention.

It's this kind of thinking that people defended Lage with.
You do know you are a hypocrite?

Without factionalism, over-analysis and points scoring all we'd have left on TWF would be the Another Shooting thread

There's merit in some of this, I do think what O'Neil says is over anaylsed often for point scoring purposes, but to suggest yesterday wasn't a big game is bobbins. With everything else that has gone on at the club in the past few months and the atmosphere surrounding it, to lose yesterday would have been more than just 3 points in terms of the effect it would have had on the players and the fans. I wouldn't expect O'Neil to say it is, because if we'd lost he'd have painted himself into an unnecessary corner, however I'm confident he would have known the importance and am amazed you don't
But is he simply not going the ""it's a big game " route, to avoid piling extra pressure, matchday nerves on the players.

I don’t get why anyone gets too fussed over what manager say in press conferences to be honest unless it’s Saunders level of nonsense
I don't mind the bland and banal. I hate having what little intelligence I have insulted post game though. All managers do it to a degree Jones, Saunders, McGhee and Lage the Wolves ones who took it too far

Back