• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Everton: Verdict Thread

He left the stadium before a few of the fans did. He got showered and changed before the end of the game, was out for the awards and then left just after the lap of honour.
He’s such a Cunt. Honestly can’t stand him and everything he does just backs up he’s a massive wanker. Arrogance and mediocrity are a terrible mix.

Thought Adama played really well yesterday. Hope he never wears the shirt again.
He was appalling bar 1 run.

I really do wish people would stop with equating one piece of play to playing well (not aimed at you more pundits and fans in general).

Nunes made the same run in the second half but because we had a geriatric striker trying to make up the ground nobody was there for the rebound.

He left the stadium before a few of the fans did. He got showered and changed before the end of the game, was out for the awards and then left just after the lap of honour.
If like the last few weeks they’ve been given the Sun/Mon off they’ll be hot footing it straight to the airport for a couple of days back home.

I do understand why some fans like watching Adama but it's not a view I subscribe to.

When we create so little and score so few goals there isn't much in the way of excitement. Adama does (or used to) give that excitement, in the moment, by going past someone or getting a shot off or something .

When some fans are deprived of exciting things happening they want to keep the few players who provide that, regardless of the few times good outcomes are actually produced.

When I was out playing golf yesterday I had a Leicester fan telling me how good Traore is. I had to break it to him that he only sees the highlights, and he actually spends most of his time standing around out wide waiting for the ball, then floating or spannering crosses to no-one. And the only time he looks exciting is in transition when he has the space to run at players through the middle.

We should have sold him a season ago though. People say no-one wanted him but I guarantee there are bound to be clubs who want those highlights and think they can improve the other stuff. Doubt we'd have got much but we wouldn't be letting him go for free.

The problem is seemingly all our managers think he is useful squad player and don't want him to leave.

Was a ton of noise about Napoli being interested as they are likely to lose wide players this summer. That seems to have died down
Bit of a rumbling he could get a move to a Saudi club

Saudi would make sense with his inflated opinion of his wage worth. I can’t see a lot of teams stumping up the basic he seems to be demanding as there just isn’t the consistency to justify it.

There have been obvious links to Nuno's team

Depends. Some clubs will look at it as a player who's worth say, £10m as it stands in the current market (if he weren't out of contract). You don't have to pay that £10m, he's free, so rather than spending £50k/pw on a three year deal for a comparable player plus that fee (£10m + £7.8m wages) you can pay Adama £100k/pw for three years instead (£15.6m in wages). If you sell him at any point, it's 100% profit as well.

If the going rate for him is about £50kpw I guess the logic in his own mind is you are getting a £20m player for free, so give me half of what you are saving in salary, across a 4 year contract that's about another £50kpw. I doubt he'll find a European club that agrees with his thinking though.

Edit, more or less what Deutsch said

I mean Lingard got a deal on £115k/pw (albeit only for one year) and Adama is miles better than him.

If you believe Britney then we accepted a bid from Ajax in August and he didn't want to go. If he wants to see out his contract and gamble that he'll get a better deal when he's a free agent then there's nothing we can do.

Likewise, if Traore is motivated by money he was never going to get his 100k per week in the Eredivise. Ajax's highest earner is Bergwijn on 76,000 per week.

Likewise, if Traore is motivated by money he was never going to get his 100k per week in the Eredivise. Ajax's highest earner is Bergwijn on 76,000 per week.
He's on about £35k a week here isn't he? Because he's neglected to ever sign a new deal, so he's on 2018 wages (and at that, 2018 wages when he was someone who'd only ever done anything in the Championship). Would still have been a lift for him you'd imagine.

I don't think he's been very well advised throughout.

He's on about £35k a week here isn't he? Because he's neglected to ever sign a new deal, so he's on 2018 wages (and at that, 2018 wages when he was someone who'd only ever done anything in the Championship). Would still have been a lift for him you'd imagine.

I don't think he's been very well advised throughout.
We supposedly offered him the 100k he wants now 2 years ago, but he refused because he had this bee in his bonnet that he had to be our highest earner rather than being on a par. That's cost him over £6m so far.

£35k and then essentially worked for next to nothing for a few months because a club told him "yeah 100% signing you and will give you everything we owe you then"

If he fancied being a RWB under Conte he would have got a decent raise and been at Spurs.

I know most people have had their say on the game and moved on, but I've been away all weekend so only just getting a chance to post properly now.

Sarabia really annoyed me when he basically ducked out of a header because he was worried about getting clattered. Was a simple header and goal for him.

Bentley is very flappy, isn't he? Didn't look comfortable with crosses in to the box at all and doesn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet (i.e. the way Lop wants our keeper to play). If he's low budget and happy to sit on the bench for 99% of the season, fair play - but he's never an option as first choice.

Sad that Raul didn't get on and Moutinho chose to not be involved.

Bentley is very flappy, isn't he? Didn't look comfortable with crosses in to the box at all and doesn't look comfortable with the ball at his feet (i.e. the way Lop wants our keeper to play). If he's low budget and happy to sit on the bench for 99% of the season, fair play - but he's never an option as first choice.
Mixed bag.

1st half he was clattered a couple of times coming for crosses as we struggled with Everton's tactic of pretend its a WWE bout on all set plays.
2nd half he was looking good. Claimed a lot of crosses under pressure then around 5 mins from the end of normal time he punched one that he could have caught (and had been doing) and then lost all ability to take a ball.

Ball at his feet he was ok and to be honest I am happier if he spanners one for a throw in rather than a Sa weak 5 metre shite pass to the opposition because he is being pressed

He isn't a 1st choice and he is here for the back up roll and will be ok for us. Not many back ups in the PL that are that good tbh.

Back