• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Everton: Verdict Thread

And all I'm saying they won't all go, it's a ridiculous theory that they will.

That amount of churn happens very rarely, and when it does it usually makes things worse.
No they won't there's players on Deutsch's list like Kilman and Hwang who I'd be surprised to see leave, others like Collins and Hodge only on loan, but senior players who clearly aren't in the manager's plans like Jonny and Raul need to go for the sake of all involved.
If you look at the 16 who got minutes yesterday 11 of them will almost definitely be here, the others being Costa, Neves, Adama and I think one of Podence or Sarabia goes. So in terms of players the manager uses it's not that big a shake up. The bigger change for me would be how many of those left who start we manage to upgrade

We badly need a refresh, but it'll take more than one transfer window to make as big of a dent as most of us would like.

I expect Kilman, Collins, Hwang and probably Sa to still be here at least, Raul/Costa/Pod/Jonny reached the end of the road, and depends if Lop fancies any of the loanees like Hoever, Giles etc. I imagine they're more likely to be sold.

I don't think Sa will be here, we're throwing Bentley a bone for a reason. I won't miss him either assuming we sign someone decent.

Hwang probably will be here but he has no business being a Premier League player.

The fact that a bargain bin signing such as Dawson - who is 33 and I doubt anyone on here would have actively *wanted* to sign a year ago - is so far ahead of Kilman and Collins tells you where they are. Kilman isn't particularly young and isn't getting any quicker, Collins looks absolutely miles off. If we have the opportunity to bin both and revamp that department then we should.

Sarabia isn’t going anywhere. He’s just had twins so I’d be surprised if he’s had even a half hours sleep in the last 2 weeks. Suspect he’ll be a key player next season (or I hope so, he’s got bags of quality).

Podence was on the pitch for the awards.

Didn't look for him on the lap but he could have just been walking next to Sasa and Liam couldn't see him
He left the stadium before a few of the fans did. He got showered and changed before the end of the game, was out for the awards and then left just after the lap of honour.

Which wouldn't necessarily be unfair would it, we have had three shit seasons in a row. Clearly the squad isn't good enough.

If any of the below left:

Sa
Sarkic
Kilman
Collins
Ait-Nouri (given we don't use him)
Jonny
Sanderson
Giles
Coady
Hoever
Moutinho (because he's obviously off and it is time)
Neves (because I've made my peace with it for now, so long as we do the deal properly)
Hodge
Jordao
Kawabe
Adama
Hwang
Guedes
Podence
Corbeanu
Raul
Costa

Then that's fine, isn't it. There's no realistic case for keeping most of them. 22 senior players. Most of them are shit. We don't need to sign 22 in return as a good chunk of them contribute absolutely nothing as it stands.

They probably won't all go, but we aspire to be a top 10 club, Lopetegui hasn't come here to repeat this season forever. So they don't have much of a place here.
As mentioned, not all the above will go, but again they can all be upgraded on within our scope. Out of the list I’d be fine with the following staying

Kilman (not as a starter but not adverse to 3rd choice)
Collins - send him out on loan
RAN (if we start using him, still think there’s a player In their)
Hwang (again squad option, is what he is. Rather keep him than Podence for example, works his bollocks off, presses well etc)
Adama (on terms suitable for his standing in the squad. Doubt he’s accept,mind)

I’d look to sell Sa. I’m not in the camp that he’s a terrible keeper, but he does not suit how Lop wants us to play. Recoup our money for him comfortably I’d have thought

Naturally we’d all keep neves if possible - but I’d be very disappointed if any of the above are in our first 11.

I don't understand fans sometimes.

Costa and Traore contracts when the pair have less than 5 goals between them this season.

Anything more concrete come out regarding Moutinho? I genuinely can’t get my head around him choosing not to bother being in attendance yesterday. Desperately hope there is something more to it. Unbelievably sad if not.

Recency bias with Traore. No doubt our goal yesterday was all because of him. Can't imagine there's many PL players other than Onana who wouldn't have taken the yellow though, which happens pretty much every other time he has a run like that

Recency bias with Traore. No doubt our goal yesterday was all because of him. Can't imagine there's many PL players other than Onana who wouldn't have taken the yellow though, which happens pretty much every other time he has a run like that
Onana tried to foul him. Looks like he bounced off Traore as he tried though

Costa and Traore contracts when the pair have less than 5 goals between them this season.
Thought Adama played really well yesterday. Hope he never wears the shirt again.

I’m actually excited for next season. Think Boubacar, Gomes, Lemina and Matheus is a potentially outrageous midfield

Adama played well for about 3 minutes when he was on the left. Everywhere else on the pitch he did very little of note.

In fairness, we did score during that 3 minutes.

Adama played well for about 3 minutes when he was on the left. Everywhere else on the pitch he did very little of note.

In fairness, we did score during that 3 minutes.
Tbf if a player played well for 3 minutes and was directly responsible for a goal each time I'd play him every week. As I said earlier 99/100 it's a yellow and a free kick 30 yds out

Onana tried to foul him. Looks like he bounced off Traore as he tried though

If he did it was woeful. All he needed to do was clip his legs and Adama running at that pace is over.

If that was the only metric than basically all of our attacking players would be going

I’m actually excited for next season. Think Boubacar, Gomes, Lemina and Matheus is a potentially outrageous midfield
Absolutely, I'm looking forward to seeing something like this:

........................Sasa

..Sarabia........Cunha.........Nunes

.............Gomes.......Lemina

Sarabia and Sasa may have to be switched out for potential new signings though. I think Nunes can play that role if Lop asks both wide attackers to sit more narrow. I know in his previous teams he likes his full-backs to provide the width so it should fit with his ethos. And with Cunha getting forwards to support, then it's similar to the narrow 4-4-2 we've tried at times this season.

Back