• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Wow what an end to that game. Unbelievable. Incredible late goal from Sarabia, probably the goal of the season for us. And then an assist that Lemina couldn't miss really.

Well deserved IMO. They had one incisive attack and scored from it and did very little the rest of it apart from Celso's shot which needed saving.

As for the first 90 mins though..... Huff and puff. The only description for that performance. The decision making, crossing and shooting was very poor. The lack of a good number 9 still haunts us as Cunha is not a striker no matter what people say his position is.

We can argue who was at fault for the goal until the cows come home but pretty much all the defence were culpable at some point. We should be cutting that cross out though if just one of the CBs drops deeper as Porro receives the ball.

Lemina had a very good game though and he gets MOTM.

Still.... Wow. Wow. Wow.

Last edited:
Incredible last ten minutes.

Was quite frustrated before the equaliser didn’t think we’d showed anywhere near enough quality but my word Pablo, fantastic contribution!

Wow wow wow, what a finish. Only deserved a draw, but who cares? Makes up (partly) for the VAR crap we've had to endure. I was going to say how frustrating it was that we just lacked that little bit of class all over the pitch, and then Sarabia showed exactly that with a lovely finish. Nice by Lemina too. Lots to criticise, but I'm buzzing too much to be bothered. COYW.

So glad we didn’t let our heads drop. Just kept going and plugging away despite some frustrating final third play. Glad we didn’t settle for the draw when we equalised too.

I did secretly fancy us today with that Spurs high line.

Well that was very satisfying. Thought we played well over the 98 minutes but it looked like nothing was going to come off for us in the final 3rd, then came the redemption of Sarabia. Lovely to win at the death

A Bergkampesque finish from Sarabia and some quick thinking for the free kick in the dying seconds to let Lemina in for the winner were the two moments of quality we'd been looking for for 88 mins.... have to say, thought Spurs deserved fuck all and that's what they got.

A word for the ref... 95% excellent. It needs to be said.

Some justice for the last few weeks robbery.

I thought given how wasteful we'd been in the final third that we deserved the draw. Not sure we deserved a win but I'll fucking take it.

Lemina was fantastic today. Such a joy to watch

Seemed to be playing a much more advanced role today too. Thought he did very well - Gomes too considering they were outnumbered in midfield.

Yep Lemina motm and thought Gomes was excellent. Ref was good for the most part although thought Dawson was a bit unlucky to get a yellow after being fouled by Son.

The bench went absolutely bonkers at the end too, and Gary “doesn’t celebrate goals” O’Neil. Cracking stuff.

Just wish we could solve the Sarabia puzzle as there is clearly a very, very good player in there.

The bench went absolutely bonkers at the end too, and Gary “doesn’t celebrate goals” O’Neil. Cracking stuff.

Just wish we could solve the Sarabia puzzle as there is clearly a very, very good player in there.
RAN and Gomes got booked for celebrations.

Wow what an end to that game. Unbelievable. Incredible late goal from Sarabia, probably the goal of the season for us. And then an assist that Lemina couldn't miss really.

Well deserved IMO. They had one incisive attack and scored from it and did very little the rest of it apart from Celso's shot which needed saving.

As for the first 90 mins though..... Huff and puff. The only description for that performance. The decision making, crossing and shooting was very poor. The lack of a good number 9 still haunts us as Cunha is not a striker no matter what people say his position is.

We can argue who was at fault for the goal until the cows come home but pretty much all the defence were culpable at some point. We should be cutting that cross out though if just one of the CBs drops deeper as Porro receives the ball.

Lemina had a very good game though and he gets MOTM.

Still.... Wow. Wow. Wow.
The beauty of sports and football..the ball is round and anything can happen... 😀

Just a little nod to Doyle for taking the free kick for the winner extremely quickly.

I had my heart in my mouth that a) The referee would pull it back or b) Lemina would be offside.

Back