• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Everton: Verdict Thread

The Bear

Euro 2012 PTG Champion
Staff member
Reaction score

Sucker punch at the end spoiled a decent performance again at home, with the usual solid defence. 9 minutes added on for no particular reason whatsoever.

Main issue today was still wasting chances. Hopefully summer signings solve that under Lopetegui.

Last edited:
A silly error from Bentley in far too many minutes of added time.

Today summed up the season really: wasted chances, toothless upfront.

Played pretty well after we scored. We were passive as shit before that though. Should have won easily in the end. No idea where nine minutes injury time came from?

It's nice to get a last minute equaliser but it doesn't really help them despite Mina celebrating like he'd won the World Cup.

It's nice to get a last minute equaliser but it doesn't really help them despite Mina celebrating like he'd won the World Cup.

Yup. They needed the win today really as I think Leeds will probably beat West Ham. Depends which Bournemouth show up for the last game of the season.

Must be the only one who don't have an issue with the added time. 6 subs, injuries etc. Winds me up more when they stick 2 mins up after all of the above.

Bentley makes Michael Oakes look like Murray on crosses, weak.

A point does help them, because if Leicester lose at Newcastle on Monday as expected, then Everton only need a draw at home against Bournemouth instead of a win.

A point does help them, because if Leicester lose at Newcastle on Monday as expected, then Everton only need a draw at home against Bournemouth instead of a win.
What about Leeds?

Not if Leeds win.

Must be the only one who don't have an issue with the added time. 6 subs, injuries etc. Winds me up more when they stick 2 mins up after all of the above.

Bentley makes Michael Oakes look like Murray on crosses, weak.
6 subs is approx 3 minutes given the 30s per sub recommendation.

But there were only 4 actual stoppages made by both teams in the 2nd half. So 3 mins is generous. Where has the other 6 mins come from, even if Semedo was down for say, 2 mins?

6 subs is approx 3 minutes given the 30s per sub recommendation.

But there were only 4 actual stoppages made by both teams in the 2nd half. Sp 3 mins is generous. Where has the other 6 mins come from, even if Semedo was down for say, 2 mins?

Gomes shirt ripped, Hwang cramp, time we took over set pieces it all adds up.

Leeds will be highly fucked off with that a draw tomorrow for them would’ve taken them out the bottom 3.
It’s fine adding 9 minutes but do it across the board, memory serves me right on NYE there was loads of stoppages and only 4 were added on when we were in desperate need of an extra few minutes.

Back