• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 2-1 Tottenham: Verdict Thread

Probably an unpopular opinion but I'm not 100% sure Cunha is actually trying to find Pablo, I wonder if it was a poorly hit cross for Sasa.
I was thinking that but will give him the benefit of the doubt that he knew Sarabia would make that run

You're often just trying to hit an area anyway, rather than an individual. Ward-Prowse almost certainly wasn't explicitly aiming for Bowen and Soucek yesterday, it's more the area where it's most uncomfortable for the keeper and defenders, then you hope someone without a biscuit tin head (hello Max) gets on the end of it.

Maybe MOTD could put it on their titles now instead of Ratbag Nunes' goal vs Chelsea, being as he doesn't play for anyone any more (our only other representation is Podence's #10 shirt, he also doesn't play for us)
fify

Cunha means every inch of it. Incredible pass.
He looks up so it definitely seems like he knows where he wants to put it. Maybe GON has actually coached (shock/horror) our players to make 'actual' runs and players know where to try to put the ball because of it? 🤷‍♂️

You're often just trying to hit an area anyway, rather than an individual. Ward-Prowse almost certainly wasn't explicitly aiming for Bowen and Soucek yesterday, it's more the area where it's most uncomfortable for the keeper and defenders, then you hope someone without a biscuit tin head (hello Max) gets on the end of it.
In the Beckham documentary series that just came out on Netflix he talks about how that was the hardest part of adjusting to the MLS - he was used to playing with people who understood they had to be in the correct areas to receive his crosses, but the players there were so much worse that they just... didn't. So he looked like a much worse player too as a result.

In the Beckham documentary series that just came out on Netflix he talks about how that was the hardest part of adjusting to the MLS - he was used to playing with people who understood they had to be in the correct areas to receive his crosses, but the players there were so much worse that they just... didn't. So he looked like a much worse player too as a result.
Seyi suffered from similar when he played for us...

I wasn't really paying attention back then, but most old head MLS folks would say Beckham didn't really seem like he gave a shit until after his loan to AC Milan.

Someone on here tried to use the too good for the players around him excuse for Trincao once
It's a mark of how bad our 2020-2022 business was that Trincao probably only just about gets in the five worst signings from that period.

Ooh in order
Fabio
Guedes
Hoever
Trincao
Jose

Am I missing an obvious one?

Cutrone, maybe, depending on how flexible you are with the timeframe.

Ooh in order
Fabio
Guedes
Hoever
Trincao
Jose

Am I missing an obvious one?
You could argue that Nunes and Collins were awful given what we paid for them, but we did also somehow make a profit on both.

José was worse than Trincao, easily. At least Trincao is naturally as weak as piss so you can partially understand his rank cowardice.

Guedes is worse than Fabio too for a number of reasons. I genuinely think Guedes is our worst signing since Robert Taylor.

Yeah Guedes is far and away the worst, which is saying something when we’ve spent £35m on an 18 year old who had barely played any senior football and has so far not actually helped the team in 3 years of being here.

still not over his free kick against Gillingham tbh

I get it's subjective, but Fabio is number 1 for me, because of the pure stupidity and it signalling the start of the decline of the Nuno era, Jeff's behaviour, the obscene amount of money we paid to 3rd parties and the fact that even if he turned out to be good we weren't at the stage of our development where we could afford to pay that much for someone for 2 years+ in the future.

I appreciate there are strong reasons to choose Guedes, most notably he was older we should have known what he was and he didn't want to sign, making that clear from day 1.

Oh yeah, it's like saying "Liz Truss isn't the worst Prime Minister of the 2020s". It's no endorsement of anything.

Giving Doherty a three year deal when he quite obviously isn't fit for purpose and he's nearly 32 is incredibly stupid too, but that's past the 2020-2022 window of perpetual nonsense.

Hoever will come good. He's playing well for the Clayheads -lots of clean sheets, unbeaten in 5. They've only lost 1 in which he's played the full 90

There's a very competent footballer in there, just needs to grow up a bit and sort his head out. Dare I say it...a bit like Lemina has

Last edited:
Just checked Trincao -1 start this season, and has 0 goals and 0 assists in the few appearances he has made. And when there's only 2 really good opponents in the country, that aint great.

Hoever will come good. He's playing well for the Clayheads -lots of clean sheets, unbeaten in 5. They've only lost 1 in which he's played the full 90

There's a very competent footballer in there, just needs to grow up a bit and sort his head out. Dare I say it...a bit like Lemina has
Depends what you class as good. He won't make it at Wolves and we won't get our 10m back. He'll make a career in the Championship or a lower level foreign league

Back