• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Wolves 1-1 Everton: Verdict Thread

Apparently Jimenez, when the subs were made around 10 mins to go, he ripped his vest off and fucked off down the tunnel....
Not a happy boy!
But I missed all the awards after the whistle so don't know if he reappeared.... maybe in a better mood?
Don't even know what the awards were. Can someone stick them up?
POTS Neves
PPOTS Neves
GOS Nunes

Raul was there for the walkabout, I didn't see Jonny or Moutinho but that's very likely to be my eyes

He did reappear and had a lap of honour with the fans, which was his send off.

As I've said, I see both sides but it's quite nice to have a manager who doesn't pander to sentimentality.
I assume J Moutinho was out there too?

He did reappear and had a lap of honour with the fans, which was his send off.

As I've said, I see both sides but it's quite nice to have a manager who doesn't pander to sentimentality.
Wouldn't have just been sentimental though imo, Raul would have been a better option than Costa.
Costa did well for 4 or 5 games recently (still hardly any goals or assists though). Imo if Raul had played the same amount of minutes as Costa this season we would have scored more goals.

Wouldn't have just been sentimental though imo, Raul would have been a better option than Costa.
Costa did well for 4 or 5 games recently (still hardly any goals or assists though). Imo if Raul had played the same amount of minutes as Costa this season we would have scored more goals.
I agree with this. Costa did very little when he came on and failed to do better when through. Anyway, poor mixup to give away the last corner when it seemed Bentley was about to catch it easily. That was frustrating.

I agree with this. Costa did very little when he came on and failed to do better when through. Anyway, poor mixup to give away the last corner when it seemed Bentley was about to catch it easily. That was frustrating.
Live commentary suggested that Bentley isn't shouting/calling loudly enough for these balls. They felt that last goal was down to him.
Apparently, a couple of minutes prior to that corner If he'd have caught the ball instead of flapping and missing, that would have been game over.
Side note: if we'd have defended that attack better and kept a clean sheet, it would have been our longest run of clean sheets since 1973!
Wow!

As much as Bentley was shit on the goal, for the corner somebody either took it as he was about to catch it or he didn't call for it. Either way it was a very avoidable corner

As much as Bentley was shit on the goal, for the corner somebody either took it as he was about to catch it or he didn't call for it. Either way it was a very avoidable corner
Yeah he and Dawson definitely had words (not aggressive, mind) before that corner was taken. Bentley seemed to be the one apologizing.

social media meltdown that he’s signed for another club and threw his toys out the pram already started

If he has that's fine, why wouldn't he? Very disappointing if my old man eyes are correct and he didn't do the post match walkabout though

Back