• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Guedes is starting today, Mosquera back to centre half if FotMob is to be believed

O’Neil wants somebody who can play right midfield and drop in to make a 5 when needed. Like RAN does on the left.
Will give us more flexibility through the season being able to be higher down whichever side suits the tactics.
He’s done it a few times lately but only had Doc to bring on in the role. Burnley away and Bournemouth at home (second half)
I think we may well sell RAN, sadly.

Gomes is definitely better as a forward but he has been playing mostly as a RWB for Estoril

Yeah, it's a lift having some positive transfer news for a change. I realise nothing is decided yet but GFFH has a decent hit rate and the potential transfers seem sensible options.

If Fosun haven't realised that:

a) Running a PL squad in 2024 and beyond with <20 senior players isn't workable
b) Attacking areas in particular are where you need numbers
c) Mendes has outlived his use to us and the crap we're trying to get rid of speaks volumes to that road coming to an end
d) Managers with anything about them won't swallow nonsense forever, and crap patsys like Lage will get you relegated
e) The Academy is worthwhile but don't expect it to produce PL-ready players very often

Then I don't know what to say.

O’Neil wants somebody who can play right midfield and drop in to make a 5 when needed. Like RAN does on the left.
Will give us more flexibility through the season being able to be higher down whichever side suits the tactics.
He’s done it a few times lately but only had Doc to bring on in the role. Burnley away and Bournemouth at home (second half)
We looking to sell Semedo then as he only has a year left? I love him as a defender but he's not really a wing back.

We looking to sell Semedo then as he only has a year left? I love him as a defender but he's not really a wing back.
Be silly to try to get rid of him, IMV, but if a decent offer comes in we’d have to entertain it, I think.

Be silly to try to get rid of him, IMV, but if a decent offer comes in we’d have to entertain it, I think.
Just think he's on big money which Fosun won't like and also at his age will he be happy to be back up to Gomes or whoever?

Just think he's on big money which Fosun won't like and also at his age will he be happy to be back up to Gomes or whoever?
He definitely won’t start next season as a backup. Key player but it will be nice to have an attacking wing back to call upon should the state of a game dictate the need for one.

The best ability is availability.

When you look back at his time with us Semedo has been an excellent signing really, I'd love us to extend his deal in the summer. If we don't I think there will be interest in him from other clubs and we'll find it hard to turn down offers for a player as valuable as Nelson in the final year of his contract.

It would worry me replacing Semedo with a wing back whose strength isn't defending. He's been very good this season but it's been his defensive side that's impressed. Need a significant upgrade across the rest of the back line to be able to play a Matty Cash, TAA type there.

Is the Brighton bubble about to bost?
Always wondered if it's sustainable to keep performing at the very top of the league if you continually sell your best players and try and replace with unknown gems. Obviously Brighton are the poster boys of that but it feels they've dropped off this season or is it just a blip.

Back