• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Summer 2024 Transfer Thread.

Jon Rowe and James McAtee we have strong interest in for next season.
Potential Neto and Sarabia replacements.

O’Neil open to Hwang being one of the two 9’s the way he has scored goals from that position this season.
May see an extra wide player or attacking midfielder recruited instead of two strikers.

Jon Rowe and James McAtee we have strong interest in for next season.
Potential Neto and Sarabia replacements.

O’Neil open to Hwang being one of the two 9’s the way he has scored goals from that position this season.
May see an extra wide player or attacking midfielder recruited instead of two strikers.
I presume you mean one new striker to compete for the 9 shirt with Hwang?

He called Hwang a 9 yesterday, not heard him do that before and although he'll put a shift in I think he's better cutting in from wide. I like McAtee, but I wouldn't really see him as replacement for either of the players mentioned. Not seen anything of Rowe to have a view.

He called Hwang a 9 yesterday, not heard him do that before and although he'll put a shift in I think he's better cutting in from wide right. I like McAtee, but I wouldn't really see him as replacement for either of the players mentioned. Not seen anything of Rowe to have a view.
McAtee for me would be a good upgrade on Sarabia. Excellent in the pockets and can beat a man and thread a pass.

Hwang is such a "second striker" in my eyes that it's weird we'll probably never see him there.

Bring back that 4-4-2, I say.

I like Rowe, not sure how much he'd cost though. We've missed out on a few Championship players we've been interested in recently like Scott & Wharton so hopefully if we are interested we can make it count.

Not seen much of Rowe but have been impressed with McAtee. What I like about these links is they are at least promising players with upside. Unlike some of the other targets mentioned, that seem like depth cover level quality.

If Traore puts in a few more performances like yesterday then we may not need to go for a Brownhill afterall

Yeah totally, I did say before I'd support the Brownhill move more to free Traore up for a loan. Not sure now, still feel he'd benefit from 30+ games.

The issue for me with Bouba is where would you send him? We know he's too good for the Championship and while I agree that he needs game time would he really benefit that much from a season down there? Send him back to France? The level isn't great in that league either and you risk another situation like Mosquera where he feels more comfortable there and might not want to come back.

Rowe is very raw but certainly worth a good look. I presume he's an alternative to Rodrigo Gomes. Summerville and Gnonto (assuming dirty Leeds don't come up) would be equally good.

McAtee is a very tidy footballer but suffers from the same thing Doyle does in that he has almost zero physical presence or pace.

Surely it's a no brainer to 'swap' Brereton-Diaz for Guedes as a forward option.

I quite like Whittaker at Plymouth as he is very Cunha at a lower level.

The big player we need is a dominant organising centre back.

Surely it's a no brainer to 'swap' Brereton-Diaz for Guedes as a forward option.
Doesn't work for us as it leaves a massive £15m hole in the accounts. Also he has started 4 league games for Villarreal and is on stupid money, I doubt they even want him stinking up the place.

Rowe is very raw but certainly worth a good look. I presume he's an alternative to Rodrigo Gomes. Summerville and Gnonto (assuming dirty Leeds don't come up) would be equally good.

McAtee is a very tidy footballer but suffers from the same thing Doyle does in that he has almost zero physical presence or pace.

I quite like Whittaker at Plymouth as he is very Cunha at a lower level.

The big player we need is a dominant organising centre back.
Rodrigo Gomes is being looked at for the attacking right wing back option. They’ll think about what to do with Hoever in this situation too.

Rowe would be an addition for the forward line.
Pretty sure we bid last summer when the money came in for Nunes last minute.

Doesn't work for us as it leaves a massive £15m hole in the accounts. Also he has started 4 league games for Villarreal and is on stupid money, I doubt they even want him stinking up the place.
That's why I said 'swap'. Notionally they pay £15m for Guedes and we pay the same for BBD.

Yeah, no way that's going to fly, they wouldn't want him infecting their books for years

Sell them Mosquera for £18m and Guedes for £2m, we sign BBD for £5m. Easy 😃

Rodrigo Gomes is being looked at for the attacking right wing back option. They’ll think about what to do with Hoever in this situation too.

Rowe would be an addition for the forward line.
Pretty sure we bid last summer when the money came in for Nunes last minute.
@Lycan is the man with the Portuguese football knowledge but I thought Gomes was all about pace going forward rather than defensive work.

I'd be interested to see what GoN could do with Hoever, there's clearly a player there and maybe having him as an option for Semedo is the way to go. He's certainly not slow and his end product going forward is clearly better than Nelson's. Defensively he's still a bit shit though.

Yeah, no way that's going to fly, they wouldn't want him infecting their books for years
They clearly do like him infecting their place. Marcelino likes him and we both know managers can be strange beasts.

@Lycan is the man with the Portuguese football knowledge but I thought Gomes was all about pace going forward rather than defensive work.

I'd be interested to see what GoN could do with Hoever, there's clearly a player there and maybe having him as an option for Semedo is the way to go. He's certainly not slow and his end product going forward is clearly better than Nelson's. Defensively he's still a bit shit though.
O’Neil wants somebody who can play right midfield and drop in to make a 5 when needed. Like RAN does on the left.
Will give us more flexibility through the season being able to be higher down whichever side suits the tactics.
He’s done it a few times lately but only had Doc to bring on in the role. Burnley away and Bournemouth at home (second half)

Back