• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The FIFA Debacle

It wouldn't be the only one tho would it you'd also take into account ie players playing on each nation, coaches and supporters attending matches and so on.

It wouldn't be the only one tho would it you'd also take into account ie players playing on each nation, coaches and supporters attending matches and so on.
Sounds ridiculously complicated.

First E mail gone to Coca Cola, cc to FIFA. now we shall see if there is any response.

Dear Coca Cola,

I am 62 years old and have been a football fan all my life, played and followed the game wherever and whenever possible, but the current malaise on the beautiful game that is called FIFA has to stop.

Mr Blatter won the election today, no big surprise there, but i must inform you that my belief is, that as money and greed have caused this problem, then sadly it will only be, by the stopping the money that feeds that greed, that will provide a solution.

I am no big fish in any waters, but I must inform you, that as long as Coca Cola continues to sponsor this debacle of greed, I in my small way, will boycott any products under the Coca Cola banner or any of it's subsiduary products or companies.

I will also do my utmost to influence colleagues and friends to take the same stance.

Stand up Coca Cola for the love of our game, the people's game, and remember those same people are your customers.

Yours sincerely

Paul McMahon.

To be fair if south Africa had to bribe fifa to get the first world cup in africa then there is certainly very odd.
The 2010 World Cup was always going to be in Africa, it was a tossup between Egypt, Morocco, South Africa and a joint bid from Libya and Tunisia.

You'll either get no response or a very basic stating how Coca cola takes into great consideration all that it sponsors and how they review each individual organisation they sponsor with great consideration.

I wish I could say I was surprised by today's vote. We will see now whether Platini is worth his salt in threatening to take Europe out of Fifa competition.

You'll either get no response or a very basic stating how Coca cola takes into great consideration all that it sponsors and how they review each individual organisation they sponsor with great consideration.

Call me cynical, but I have to find myself agreeing with the earlier sentiment that if partners like Visa, Coke, etc. pull support, competitors like Mastercard, Pepsi, etc. will just step in.

We shall see.

Reality is when a World Cup starts people tend to forget who's in charge of FIFA and any ethics, major company's know all everyone is interested in is the football played out in front of them.
If one broadcaster pulls out they'll have many more waiting to fill there boots.
In the very unlikely case England won the World Cup in 2018 would anybody be whining about who's in charge of FIFA?
The only way any boycott will work is if a group of top nations decide not to play in a World Cup and when it comes down to it everyone still wants to be part of it regardless of what's happened.
Blatter downfall may be a patient wait for us until the FBI have done all there work, his naive view point that it wasn't me and I didn't know what was going on attitude just won't wash with anyone.

Don't get me wrong JD, i don't expect anything more than a standard thank you for your mail letter. But I just feel that like the Brent Spar situation in 1995, that a decent public reaction can move big business sometimes.

Some Shell stations in Germany reported a 50 per cent loss of sales. In the end, public pressure proved too much for Shell: in a dramatic win for Greenpeace and the ocean environment, the company reversed its decision and agreed to dismantle and recycle the platform on land.

http://www.greenpeace.org/international/en/about/history/Victories-timeline/Brent-Spar/

It was plain to see where all his support comes from, as someone said yesterday, he's enabled the people involved in football federations throughout the World particularly African Countries to become wealthy beyond their dreams.
They ain't gonna kill the goose that lays the golden eggs.

Having won, Blatter has now vented his anger against the European hate campaign against him.

well there's a bit of progress, he knows at last, that Europe hates him.

Man there's hope for us all.

An IRS official says further FIFA indictments are "very likely".

HRH Prince William has said in a speech to the FA that, like the IOC, the FIFA need to reform.

Hmm, an unelected hereditary 'prince' lecturing him is hardly going to force him to go.

Why let an irrational hatred get in the way of getting a point across.

Apart from the irrational I'll agree there.

However, I very much doubt he knows what he's talking about, so will not help the debate. Perhaps let the football administrators, journalists, police and other law enforcement agencies comment might be a better idea?

Both Spain and France voted for Blatter, so the notion that all of Europe (Russia aside) are against him simply isn't true. With 2 of the Big 5 associations supporting him UEFA will do nothing

Back