• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves News Related

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's inevitable, no one was sat down at either end at Wembley for both the FA Cup final and the Play off's. Liverpool fans bleat about 'respect for the 96' yet no one sits down on the Kop.
No away fans ever sit down and i've never sat down in the South Bank, it's more dangerous to leave things as they are than to reintroduce standing.

Its only for 2500 Celtic season ticket holders at the moment and you are allocated a space as you would normally..so you stand by the upturned seat and thats your spot as normal really.
I suppose it puts people together who want to stand and create an atmosphere (without others moaning) but its far from the old days of the terrace.

That said, i can see folks not stopping in their spot and it becoming a concern and then that being that...cant see the Premier League wanting it...cant charge £50 to stand on a bit of concrete can ya?

He's on holiday with his mates and is 19 FFS! Let him get on with it all

He's on holiday with his mates and is 19 FFS! Let him get on with it all

He is also a professional footballer, and with that comes responsibility. I am almost certain that Aston Villa have a code of conduct, and that would include how players should behave when on holiday.

Meanwhile, I hear that Wales have broken into the Top 10:

bet365 ‏@bet365 1 hr1 hour ago

August 2011: Wales 117th in the world.

July 2015: Wales will enter world's top 10 & go above Spain, France & Italy.

CHjEe9CWgAAQm6U.jpg

Mario Goetze and Rafael Van der Vaart voted "Biggest Flops" by their Bundesliga peers.

Exactly, the kid's human, most of us have been there at that age.

Good job there wasn't any mobile phones around in the 60s/70s players were like that the night before a game.

It's his holiday - the season has finished, he's a young lad, I'm sure we've all done something similar. Nothing to see here - let the guy live a life FFS.

Exactly, the kid's human, most of us have been there at that age.

Good job there wasn't any mobile phones around in the 60s/70s players were like that the night before a game.

55bb1d95480b6efa7a27b254631e2dd7.jpg

They had a guy on the radio last night, I think from the People (Neil Moxley?) who stated that if he was wise he would have picked the West coast of America for a holiday destination. Apparently this is the new destination of choice for the modern footballer as they tend not to be recognised out there. What he failed to understand though (which is strange considering he claimed to go on holiday in his youth with a future Birmingham captain) is that if Grealish has a circle of friends who aren't pro footballers then they are hardly all able to afford such a trip.

Footballers are lambasted for living in a bubble away from reality but when a 19 year old one acts in a manner equivalent to an ordinary kid of that age he is slated for doing so.

Ironic you post a picture of him - a chap at work yesterday was saying how stupid Grealish has been, and that he shouldn't be allowed to do it. The same bloke was telling me how much he respected Best for having a skinful before playing in the 'good old days'. Can't have it both ways.

This kind of behaviour could damage Grealish who at this stage of his career has to be seen as just someone with potential. It could damage further wage negotiations and his worth in the transfer market. Who would you buy given options of Grealish or a consummate pro with similar potential.

There's no doubt it doesn't look good, the problem lies with the fucking arseoles who can't wait to upload it on social media.

Sniffer's piece from the BBC sums it up, if anything, by and large, kids are far more responsible than their Parents and Grandparents.

My old man used to tell me that Cullis had to go searching the Pubs looking for Johnny Hancocks on a friday night who was always arseoled when he found him.

That's what gets me, who are these so called mates who put these pictures up? Same with Wilshere? I'd be furious as a player if I had mates do that to me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back