• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2014/15 - Everything not Wolves News Related

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny

🤨
Staff member
Reaction score
Fixtures out, so new thread for all things not Wolves related in the football world

1st.

Will this see the old thread locked?

New three year deal for Antonio Valencia at Man Utd. Lucky, lucky boy. He's been rubbish for years. You'd think they'd have learned from giving Nani a five year deal just last season.

I was surprised too. He looked pish last season.

Real and Barcelona have negotiated their own television rights for years.

Wont be buying anyone soon.
Get French Football .Valenciennes have been placed under receivership, a form of bankruptcy, but no decision has been taken on their future in terms of league.

Leyton Orient can confirm that Chairman Barry Hearn is in talks with Italian businessman Francesco Becchetti regarding the sale of his shareholding in the Club.

The sale is subject to due diligence and Football League approval and the Club will not be making any further comment at this stage.

:icon_lol:

Poor old Reading. They were so hopeful about this one as well.

Made me smile, Zamparini: "Iachini asked me to send Lafferty away. He's a great player who I'm fond of, but he's an Irishman without rules..."

SISU have lost their court case against Coventry City Council re: unlawful use of state aid. Good.

Now let's see how far they are down the line with their mythical new stadium.

Leyton Orient can confirm that Chairman Barry Hearn is in talks with Italian businessman Francesco Becchetti regarding the sale of his shareholding in the Club.

and then...

Premier League: "Leyton Orient confirms it no longer disputes validity of decision to allow West Ham United to occupy stadium."

53b3144fdcbe0.jpg

I'm surprised that he can remember anything from his time at Everton.

York City taking Sponsorship deals to a new level

Britba8IIAAzECt.jpg

Blackpool have had to postpone the start of pre-season as they currently have six senior players contracted to the club (no keepers) and no coaches formally signed outwith Riga, who's already rumoured to be at loggerheads with Oyston Jr.

SISU have lost their court case against Coventry City Council re: unlawful use of state aid. Good.

Now let's see how far they are down the line with their mythical new stadium.

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/news/coventry-news/football-league-issues-statement-after-7358272

So SISU still haven't paid money long since due, money that they were bound to pay under the terms of their move to Northampton going ahead. Meanwhile the Football League just lets them get on with it.

Our overriding aim is the return of Coventry City to the Coventry area within the timescale set out in the Club’s membership agreement.

Great stuff. Might maybe be an idea to insist on some kind of a tangible update from SISU on that return, then? Given that they currently own no land in the Coventry area, have submitted no applications for planning permission, have commissioned no feasability surveys, and so on. And given that the timescale was three years, and we're already through one of them.

West Brom appoint a head of recruitment - Mervyn Day.

What exactly is Garlick doing now? Making the tea?

Files the contracts, takes messages and orders the Stationery

Rangers have been drawn at home to Hibs in the first round of the Scottish Challenge Cup...Big match

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back