• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Prof_Chadwick Football clubs with Chinese sponsors & Chinese owners, keep watching as things could in the future take a distinct turn for the worst....

A lot of their assets are outside China - can they get 'leaned on' by the Chinese Government? I suspect that none of us really know.

They have prevented PL football being shown over there for now, but doubt that in the short term that that will change Fosun's intentions.

As to the future - who knows (on this or anything else really)

Is there any other club that has retired a number in English football? Obviously it couldn't happen before squad numbers. There may be the odd one I suppose, but I'm guessing they'll be a tribute post death rather than to a player who sodded off a couple of weeks after he was old enough to drive

Not necessarily death but at least players who have achieved something for their clubs like Maradona's 10 at Napoli, Baresi's 6 and Maldini's 3 at Milan so at least Jude is in fine company

Paddy Power
@paddypower
Birmingham City have retired the number 22 shirt following Jude Bellingham's transfer to Borussia Dortmund.
If the level for retiring a shirt is winning 'EFL young player of the month' once, the club will have no numbers left in about...45 years.

Is there any other club that has retired a number in English football? Obviously it couldn't happen before squad numbers. There may be the odd one I suppose, but I'm guessing they'll be a tribute post death rather than to a player who sodded off a couple of weeks after he was old enough to drive

Don't think anyone wears 6 at West Ham. Bobby Moore.

Didn't Reading retire #12 for their fans or something equally tinpot?

Sent from my GM1920 using Tapatalk

Several.

Accrington Stanley retired the 29 shirt after Billy Kee's retirement due to depression, anxiety, and bulimia.

Henderson won writers player of the year. Should have been KDB who is the best player in the league by miles.

Cov are at St. Andrews for another season. Same league now though, so when they are allowed to there will be some poor bastards that have to go to that shithole twice

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back