• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2019/20 - everything not Wolves

Status
Not open for further replies.
"Bournemouth's board will meet later this week to discuss the possibility of pursuing a compensation claim against Hawk-Eye, whose mistake may have contributed to their relegation from the Premier League."

I would say losing a fuck ton of games contributed more than 1 error by the tech

The nerve of Bournemouth to be complaining about refereeing decisions.

Wonder why you got 3 penalties this season as opposed to 10+ every year pre-VAR.

Maybe we should sue the refs in this country for not using VAR in the way they were meant to. That potentially cost us a couple of places

"Bournemouth's board will meet later this week to discuss the possibility of pursuing a compensation claim against Hawk-Eye, whose mistake may have contributed to their relegation from the Premier League."

I would say losing a fuck ton of games contributed more than 1 error by the tech
I'd love to see how you try to legally stand up that a goal not given in the first half means the game would have played out exactly the same as if it had been.

They only said contributed to, not responsible for.

I'm the same way, you can't argue that the score wouldn't have stayed 1-0 if it had been given.

The legal costs will probably mean they can't over pay for a Liverpool forward this year, so probably worth the risk and ridicule

Bournemouth won't have a legal claim that would stand up in court. I'm sure there will be examples the other way around but the Villa decisions against Sheffield United and Crystal Palace / their decisions against Burnley definitely contributed towards their relegation. Look at the Lallana one overturned in our game for the shoulder yet goals/penalties were overturned the other way against them.

They're not as clear cut as a ball being over the goal line though, surely? And aren't they taking action against hawk-eye, rather than var/pgmol?

They're not as clear cut as a ball being over the goal line though, surely? And aren't they taking action against hawk-eye, rather than var/pgmol?

But when you have a load of time left it doesn't matter if its clear cut. You have no way of saying what the rest of the game would have panned out like.

They are going after Hawk-Eye, I guess to get them to cover some of their losses for being relegated. As tech is not 100% and it can go wrong not sure if its worth the time and effort. If you were listing things to blame for Bournemouth's relegation and then taking them to court, Hawk-Eye would be right at the bottom, their players being top and quickly followed by those who purchased them and coached them.

But when you have a load of time left it doesn't matter if its clear cut. You have no way of saying what the rest of the game would have panned out like.

They are going after Hawk-Eye, I guess to get them to cover some of their losses for being relegated. As tech is not 100% and it can go wrong not sure if its worth the time and effort. If you were listing things to blame for Bournemouth's relegation and then taking them to court, Hawk-Eye would be right at the bottom, their players being top and quickly followed by those who purchased them and coached them.

Agree with all of that, we'd be pretty pissed off if we were in their shoes though.

Agree with all of that, we'd be pretty pissed off if we were in their shoes though.

Well we have spent most of the season ripping VAR to shreds and getting fucked off at the shitty hand ball rule and the chat on that will carry on. That is fine, being annoyed at shit decisions is part of football, we have just moved to being annoyed at shit tech/people in charge of it but non of it should have you reaching for your legal team because 1 single decision across a whole season (and not even in a game involving them) might have been unfair

They haven’t got a chance. When you agree to take part in the competition you agree it will be played under certain rules and conditions. Those rules and conditions include hawk-eye and VAR. However it would come with a caveat that decisions may be imperfect otherwise every team could sue for any incorrect decision everywhere and the league becomes a shambles.

Totally different to Tevez which was a player purchased outside the rules of that season scoring the actual goal that ensured a relegation.

Although if Colin had managed one point vs a shite Wigan team at home, he wouldn't have needed to bleat about it forever.

Funny how he gets relegated every time he goes up to the top flight.

By the way he's permanent at Boro, my cup runneth over. Just retire, please.

He wants the thousand games. He’ll get there and then retire leaving Boro in the lurch.

Some fucking cretin on Villa talk seriously suggesting the B6 massive should make a statement signing of Coutinho. That’s spectacular. I think we should make a statement signing of Messi.

Some fucking cretin on Villa talk seriously suggesting the B6 massive should make a statement signing of Coutinho. That’s spectacular. I think we should make a statement signing of Messi.

Lost for words on that one...

Maybe it’s just me being bitter that they stayed up but watching the villa celebrations on Sunday was embarrassing. 35 points after spending £100m and scraping survival thanks in part to VAR failing and celebrated like they’d won the FA cup.

Yep as bad as our pitch invasion in 2010/11. I turned around and walked out after that day relieved but very aware that we had a huge task the next season and so it proved.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back