• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Football News Thread 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sure? The wages will be astronomical and they'll be playing with and against the best in the world.
No competition, no tradition or atmosphere. A lot of players will go elsewhere. You only get a short time at the top and money isn't everything.

Is that a real quote? Where is it from?

Found part of it - No swearing though, although that is translated

I think it's the worst that can happen. I just hate the thought of it. That's the worst thing about football, for me it's a hopeless idea. Juventus, for example, have been eliminated early (in the Champions League journ note) three years in a row against teams from Portugal, France and the Netherlands. What story does it have? I would say that Tottenham is also not among the 30 best clubs in Europe to date, Solbakken says to Dagbladet.

VAR had pushed me to the brink of finding other things to do with my time anyway, if these cunts are allowed to carry on playing in the domestic league while playing in this abomination....I’m out. It’s not a sport anymore, will leave them to it.

What will heavily damage this plan is if players start putting in transfer requests from these clubs or managers start stepping down.

Transfer requests only carry weight if there is someone to buy them - none of the remaining clubs will have a clue what their budgets will be as you can imagine Sky money etc will change if this goes ahead.

Transfer requests only carry weight if there is someone to buy them - none of the remaining clubs will have a clue what their budgets will be as you can imagine Sky money etc will change if this goes ahead.
It's the intent which will carry weight, would also indicate players won't extend contracts

If the teams weren't in the Champions League or official comps, their could be a case their contracts become void, or that the conditions have changed enough that it would be like a TUPE transfer, that you could reject.

It's the intent which will carry weight, would also indicate players won't extend contracts
Not much meat behind the intent if no team is willing to pay the fees or wages demanded. Only way it flies is if player registrations are then cancelled, that’s a massive prolonged Bosman style argument and process though.

I'm not sure I'd be holding out much hope for that many players to make a practical stand tbh. Money (and glory) talks more than morals for the current crop, I feel.

Not much meat behind the intent if no team is willing to pay the fees or wages demanded. Only way it flies is if player registrations are then cancelled, that’s a massive prolonged Bosman style argument and process though.
#headsgone

I'm not sure I'd be holding out much hope for that many players to make a practical stand tbh. Money (and glory) talks more than morals for the current crop, I feel.
Agreed, although it wouldn't take that many top players to condemn it before it becomes dead in the water.

It’s a job to them though, if the Man City of my career came in for me and offered me a shed load more money I’d have to seriously consider it. Likewise you’d seriously consider losing that before you’d rock the boat.

It's unfair to expect the players to kill this. It needs to come from outside of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back