• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The greatest news story of 2015

I hope BT Sports can emulate Sky's coverage of the Champions League with there multi screen's.

Anyway back on topic.

Cya later you fat Albion tosser..

Finally. Worst broadcaster ever, outright unacceptable. Not only cannot read an autocue but feels qualified to give his own terrible opinions to go along with his shite patter.

Hope the shitbeak ends up on QVC.

Would be amazed if the PL highlights end up on ITV. Scudamore knows that the viewing figures would take a ridiculous hit.

Just read that the reason they let him go with immediate effect was, '... alongside Hoddle, and three others (can't remember their names) he was adept at leading car crash tv. Some of his panel output verged on being a comedian He would stutter and stammer, hesitate and bumble his way through. That wasn't what we wanted.'
Another quote was along the lines of.. '..We want someone who could handle a challenge, who, when faced with a rapidly changing situation and was on air and under pressure, could handle that situation and react well. Adrian wasn't that man.'

Sounds like Adrian.
Half a million too!

Got most of the above from my wife reading it out from the Independent. (UK version)

Rumours are he is joining BT Sport and Itv binned when he said he was offski in the summer.

That would be so so so cruel.
Don't do it, BT!!!

That's all the people contemplating having BT had their minds made up for them.

Oh great. Ive been a subscriber for the last two seasons..

BT trying to get Gary Lineker apparently and hoping he can combine his MOTD duties with hosting their Champ League shizzle

MOTD stays on the Beeb.

:beerchug:

:goal:

:disco:

ITV didn't bid.

Adrian Chiles joins BBC...

You'll get bitchslapped for comments like that.

So how come ITV didn't bid? I thought bid package might have been the reason for their mid-season revamp

Rumour is they're going to chuck a load of money at the Six Nations instead.

As I say the PL would be highly unlikely to give the rights to ITV. They probably could outbid the BBC - but not by so much that it'd be worth taking the hit on the ratings. Especially given that the sums involved are, by comparison with the live and overseas rights, tiny. Scudamore is a paid up member of the greed is good club but even he knows that an extra say, £50m a year (which the league and the clubs most assuredly do not need) does not outweigh what the reaction of the public would be. They have tried ITV before and it failed miserably. People will sit through adverts if it doesn't mean the length of coverage takes a hit - as with Goals on Sunday. ITV aren't going to dedicate 2-3 hours to a highlights show which means you end up with less bang for your buck. Brand perception as well, people do generally think along the lines of BBC = good, ITV = bad.

Rumour is they're going to chuck a load of money at the Six Nations instead.

As I say the PL would be highly unlikely to give the rights to ITV. They probably could outbid the BBC - but not by so much that it'd be worth taking the hit on the ratings. Especially given that the sums involved are, by comparison with the live and overseas rights, tiny. Scudamore is a paid up member of the greed is good club but even he knows that an extra say, £50m a year (which the league and the clubs most assuredly do not need) does not outweigh what the reaction of the public would be. They have tried ITV before and it failed miserably. People will sit through adverts if it doesn't mean the length of coverage takes a hit - as with Goals on Sunday. ITV aren't going to dedicate 2-3 hours to a highlights show which means you end up with less bang for your buck. Brand perception as well, people do generally think along the lines of BBC = good, ITV = bad.

ITV always used to the RWC pretty well - not sure if they have it this time, but as John Inverdale gets right on my tits I hope they have

Yeah it is on ITV.

They do some stuff ok - the snooker and darts they have had on over the last 18 months or so has been very well done, no random cutting away or missing sections of the game which the BBC are terrible for at times. I have issues with them having a football highlights show a) for the reason mentioned re: adverts and no compensatory extension of the programme and b) they never have any idea how to structure it properly - so often they have the rights to several games (for internationals/Champions League and the FA Cup when they had the rights for that) to show as highlights and wind up showing as the main game a match which was shown live on the same bloody channel less than an hour earlier. Oh, and that "show one featured game per week from a camera on the floor behind one of the goals" trick they pulled when they had the rights to the Championship deserves to disbar them for about 50 years. That always drove me up the wall when we were unfortunate enough to be subjected to that.

MOTD is not perfect but the punditry has been steadily improving for a while from the Hansen/Lawrenson nadir of a couple of years back - Hansen stopped caring about a decade before he quit whereas Lawrenson appeared to think a Danny La Rue act was acceptable analysis - the format is well structured, Lineker is an excellent host and they generally get the running order right. Don't mess with it.

Back