• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Incoming Transfers Everywhere Thread: Summer 2023

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoddle liked to join in and showboat during training sessions iirc?
Yeah, but he had talent and far more talent than the rest of the squad combined. He gets a lot of stick for his tenure at Wolves but he was making an effort to improve the players at his disposal.(Ask Lee Naylor) Problem is, they weren't good enough and as a coach you sometimes have to play the cards you've been dealt and he wasn't able to do that in an effective way. But, he still remains one of the few England players of that era who could do remarkable things with the ball at his feet.

Hoddle was a great player and an absolutely wank manager.
Always winds me up when a player who had a spell under Hoddle talks about the time they spent with him and they
don't call him a twatt!! They worst they come up with is brilliant coach...terrible man-manager.

(Teddy Sheringham excluded. As he did call him a cunt)

Always winds me up when a player who had a spell under Hoddle talks about the time they spent with him and they
don't call him a twatt!! They worst they come up with is brilliant coach...terrible man-manager.

I like Teddy!

Especially the ones that claimed he was some sort of tactical genius. That's clearly not the case as he couldn't find a way to consistently win games with any of his teams (decent win rate at England tbf although he probably should've done better with the team he had).

If you say so... seemed pretty clear to me, but feel free to expand
Everyone is entitled to express an opinion - forums literally wouldn't exist without them. Nothing duller than someone who doesn't have an opinion on anything. All good. Especially politics. Not enough people care about politics but it governs every aspect of our lives so anyone whose worried about it enough to have an opinion is fine by me.

My specific issue is if you're slating someone who has far more qualifications and experience than you in their field that's fine but it means you can't play the CV card yourself. If you're happy to dismiss Southgate/O'Neil/Lage's experience you can't then say 'yeah but I played right back Sunday League in the 90s' so I know what I'm talking about. It's patently ridiculous.

My specific issue is if you're slating someone who has far more qualifications and experience than you in their field that's fine but it means you can't play the CV card yourself. If you're happy to dismiss Southgate/O'Neil/Lage's experience you can't then say 'yeah but I played right back Sunday League in the 90s' so I know what I'm talking about. It's patently ridiculous.

That's not how this specific discussion panned out though, and obviously now you're referring to other instances.

You might find it annoying, but whether someone brings their 'CV' into it or not has no bearing on the strength of their point or criticism. I've never played or coached football at any decent level, so I actually don't mind hearing insight related to it from some of the people on here who have.

It sounds like you're just trying to have a dig at an individual, which is fine, just say that.

That's not how this specific discussion panned out though, and obviously now you're referring to other instances.

You might find it annoying, but whether someone brings their 'CV' into it or not has no bearing on the strength of their point or criticism. I've never played or coached football at any decent level, so I actually don't mind hearing insight related to it from some of the people on here who have.

It sounds like you're just trying to have a dig at an individual, which is fine, just say that.
There's a nasty little cabal of Corbynites doing just that at every opportunity.

Is that what you think it is? You think it's down to politics? Rather than people finding the way you present yourself offensive to them?

Good point, well made Billy.

Feel free to start a January "Will we actually sign a striker or just Kieffer Moore" Thread anyone

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back