• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Palace have dumped Vieira, just before they have an amazing run of fixtures to end the season.

Good news for us? Or was he taking them on an inexorable downward spiral?

I just don’t see who they can get in. No way someone like Kompany is leaving a certainty of top flight football for a fifty-fifty chance of it.

Their fixtures look great after Arse but if their current form holds they could finish bottom

Bad news I think. Their goal record in the league this year 0,0,1,0,1,1,1,0,0,0,0. Just playing poorer teams wasn't going to fix that. For them worse case it's only going to be as bad, so nothing really to lose.

Let me guess Frank Lampard is one of the favourites?

1679044582880.png

Nuno quite low considering they told him to bugger off with his crew of many many many many staff

Quite surprised at this, yes they've been dire since Xmas but he'd done a decent job up till then. No doubt they're looking for the infamous 'new manager bounce' not sure there are many candidates to do that.

Doesn't take a lot though, look at Dyche 3 wins they probably wouldn't have got under Lampard. Palace have a better squad than Everton do

i suspect this has been planned for a while and they have someone lined up. Gives their new guy the best chance for the "new manager bounce"

Alan Pardew, Chris Coleman or Gareth.

Because, y’know… they know the club.

Even though they are now level with us, I have always counted Palace as not being in the battle (clearly they are right now but I know shit)

With these their games after Arsenal

Leicester (h)
Leeds (a)
Southampton (a)
Everton (h)
Wolves (a)

I will be delighted if they get a new manager bounce that ends after securing their 4th straight win v Everton

After that they can have middling form as long they beat West Ham, Bournemouth and Forest,

Palace have been shit all season and it's starting to catch up with them. Fingers crossed for Lamps.

Pretty big year for managerial changes in the PL - 10 to date, albeit Southampton have two of them and Brighton didn't choose to change manager.

Parker (-> O'Neil)
Tuchel (-> Potter)
Potter (-> De Zerbi)
Lage (-> Lopetegui)
Gerrard (-> Emery)
Hasenhüttl (-> Jones)
Lampard (-> Dyche)
Jones (-> Selles)
Marsch (-> Gracia)
Vieira (-> ?)

All moved on.

Status