• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of the thoughts I'd had which is probably a million miles away from being right is that the reason Nuno didn't do as well towards the end of his tenure was that jotas form fell off a cliff and was then sold.

Jotas goals from nothing and link up with Jimenez was crucial. When we lost that we lost our edge and teams stopped fearing us and we lost belief.
That's his fault for favouring a formation to suit Adama rather than Jota then. 343 for the one and 352 for the other.

Newcastle beckons? Similar situation to when he walked into Wolves. Recent takeover, crap results, opportunity to build the club up with money to spend.
Not a chance of him going to Newcastle, at least until their next manager gets them relegated.

That's his fault for favouring a formation to suit Adama rather than Jota then. 343 for the one and 352 for the other.
It's also not a particularly ringing endorsement to continually rely on players to create something out of nothing - that's the kind of things that frequently leads to 0 shots on target

It's also not a particularly ringing endorsement to continually rely on players to create something out of nothing - that's the kind of things that frequently leads to 0 shots on target
It's old ground, but what he needed to do imo was keep 352, but replace Donck with an AM, who would be closer to Jota and Jimenez

It's old ground, but what he needed to do imo was keep 352, but replace Donck with an AM, who would be closer to Jota and Jimenez
Doc needed replacing too, we simply couldn't keep structuring the team to cover him being wank at 80% of what a wingback should do. Whether Semedo was the correct replacement is another question.

I don't even think it was specifically an attacking midfielder per se that was needed, just someone with the ability to carry the ball centrally would have made a world of difference. A Renato Sanches style player would have been perfect.

I don't even think it was specifically an attacking midfielder per se that was needed, just someone with the ability to carry the ball centrally would have made a world of difference. A Renato Sanches style player would have been perfect.
I wonder how much Valencia wants for Yunus Musah? He's absolutely perfect for what we need, and not yet 21 to boot, if my math is right.

Very odd choice. His league record is incredibly underwhelming for the talent he regularly has at his disposal. That Villareal team is full of quality and they're absolutely miles off it. Maybe they'll win a League Cup.

Plenty of talk that Villa have made contact with Fonseca too. Smith looked lost on Sunday even before the red card (that should have been two red cards), it's unravelling a bit there.
Spending £80m on three players who all want to play RW has been a masterstoke.

Throw in El Ghazi who largely only plays there too and the balance is miles off. Leon Bailey was fucking dreadful on Sunday, he looks completely lost.

Dean smith only survived at villa due to the world coming to a stop with Covid, he was close to getting sacked just before the football stopped, when it came back he did a reasonable job until now

Just popped onto villatalk. The B6 massive delusion is in full swing. They are too good for Fonseca, and they reckon they have the massive club pull to get Ten Hag.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

In fairness, any midtable or lower team looking at Fonseca is begging for trouble. So from that perspective they're correct to want someone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back