• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the only reason anyone goes there in January is for the moolah.

Yeah there’s a lot on him getting that squad over performing because unless they are really clever ahead of the window (not even appointed a technical director yet..) they aren’t solving it that way

Didn't he fall out with both Ritchie and Fraser who are both starting at the moment?

Didn't he fall out with both Ritchie and Fraser who are both starting at the moment?
I think Fraser got dropped because he didn't want to sign a 3 month extension when Fraser knew he'd get a much longer / lucrative contract after the Covid season ended.

Fraser obviously didn't want to risk a career ending injury for the sake of a 3 month contract

I don’t quite understand everyone writing Howe off as shit tbf. I hated his Bournemouth team for obvious reasons but he took them from League 2 to the Premier League (and then kept them theee for a few years). Even with some of the financial backing he had, it was still a very impressive achievement.

there’s a chance that it was because the club was so well set up for him (a little like Nuno with us) but I don’t think he’s as bad a coach as made out anyway.

he is walking into a very difficult job mind you. Bruce is going to get away with having set them up for relegation as they have been one of the worst teams in the division for both years he has been in charge and been very lucky to not be in proper relegation battles
Can't disagree with anything you have said.
But he is still a slimy cunt.

I think Fraser got dropped because he didn't want to sign a 3 month extension when Fraser knew he'd get a much longer / lucrative contract after the Covid season ended.

Fraser obviously didn't want to risk a career ending injury for the sake of a 3 month contract
He still essentially refused to play for Bournemouth at the end. I'm sure Howe will remember that. Then again he might have to use him until January and he can start flashing the cash.

He still essentially refused to play for Bournemouth at the end. I'm sure Howe will remember that. Then again he might have to use him until January and he can start flashing the cash.
Yep, Howe would be stupid to hold a grudge though and not play Fraser if he thinks Fraser is the best man for th job

Can see Newcastle going in for players like Phil Jones and Lingard in January - Sunderland and Everton type signings initially.

I think it depends how detached they are Tarkowski, Lingard, Zaha types if it's a few points or less. 9/10+ then it's with a view to next season and who'll bring them back up whilst still giving them an outside chance of staying up.

Looks like Dean Smith is on the brink of the sack.

Reckon a couple more goals from City and Ole will be gone. They look a complete shambles at the back.

could be a good fit defending as a team and then counter,,seriously they are as good as relegated, hope Nuno relax a bit now and get some energy back

Can see Bruce in at Norwich, would be surprised if Nuno went there, he could surely get a higher profile job abroad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back