• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

The Manager Sacked/Hired Thread 2022/23

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I saw them against West Ham they were so poorly organised at the back so they can't get much worse. He'll get them more organised but yeah, crazy he's back in at 74, even if he was managing last season!

Why am I remembering Hodgson having done a good job at his last stop?

There was an assumption that he had Palace over acheiving, Viera has shown that to be false.
Viera hasn't really improved though has he , if if take all games to date this season into consideration . He'll need time for sure , but so far it's much of a muchness .

He's changed the entire squad and style of football pretty much? They have a much better platform for the future now rather than the ageing drabble Roy left them with.

Viera hasn't really improved though has he , if if take all games to date this season into consideration . He'll need time for sure , but so far it's much of a muchness .
Results wise you’re right. Palace were in the same position last year as they are this (13th) but with fewer points (29 then to 24 now).

Style and squad are very different and I think that can only be good for them, IIRC Palace were one of the favourites to go down under Viera and that isn’t true now and in Olise and Eze they have two of youngest and brightest inside forwards in the league. I’d have loved us to get Olise, Trincao with goals.

Palace seem to have gone off the boil a bit recently, at least as far as results have gone, but they still play some nice stuff. Hodgson did a decent job there but it was time for a change. Viera looks to have some good coaching skills, would have thought he'd be able to attract good young players too.

Hodgson generally does a good job at clubs where survival is the first priority, Fulham was his best (with a European run too) but was also good at Albion and Palace, with the caveat that the football is never going to be that brilliant to watch.

I'm not sure why he's going to Watford at his age, surely just have your last job with your boyhood team where you met the club's objectives year on year and departed with a very fond goodbye. Watford are going to take some saving, their squad is one of the oddest I've ever seen in the Premier League. So many players I've simply never heard of.

New owners at Hull have sacked Grant McCann.

Is he the love child of Graham Taylor and Mr Bean?

Lampard has been offered the Everton job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back